What are they called and where can I find them?

benoittodd

Welcome to hhplace benoittod :(

Great to have you join us here. We've got just about every answer to all thing heels at this place. So, if you need answers, advice or just want to tell us about yourself and your interest in high heels, we're eager to listen.

I believe that style of pump is called a "d'Orsay" style

Definition: A d'Orsay style pump is a woman's shoe in which the vamp of the shoe is cut away very close to the toe box, and the sides are cut away, revealing the arch of the foot.

There are several different orientations of this style. One of the ore popular styles has 6" heels with ankle straps. Really a very sexy shoe. (I've a pair of them myself.) You can find out more about them here:

d'Orsay pumps

And, you can buy the same pair that I have at: d'Orsay Pumps

Sizes on sale up to size 14......and yes, they are difficult to get used to wearing.

:wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the posts.

She actually prefers that shoe without the ankle strap since she tends to take off her shoes when wearing nylons (which is very often).

Where would I be able to find them without the ankle strap? It would be that shoe in a casual/comfortable style, without the ankle strap, and just a regular heel (3 inches max)... a shoe that can be used for work.