Aldo Destime - sizing and heel height

Dante

Hi.

As I'm searching for a special pair of high heel pumps, i stumbled over the Aldo Destime platform pumps, which i really like. So i still have two questions, cause i will need to order them online and want to get them fit in the first try.

1) Do they run true to size and how wide would you say is the toe box (narrow, medium, broad). I don't have exceptional wide feet, but not really narrow ones either.

2) About the heel size. At the official Aldo website they are just described as High Heel (2.5 in. and +) and on other websites as 4.5 - 5".

Have you seen them in real? They look totally different in my opinion. They are really high heels, 5.5'' no problem about this I think.

So is there anybody, who can confirm this?

Thanks for your reply in advance. :wave:

Dante

I can't confirm it but they look like a heel about 5-5.5" with a 1-1.5"platform, so effectively a 4" heel... Those lovely thin heeled shoes at Rosashoes.com are full 5" effectively in sizes around 40 or little more, less on smaller sizes. Most (designer)heels won't go higher effectively than 4-4.75" (Heel minus platform) and I think the 5.5-5.75" is the ideal heelheight (too high for most and just a little bit more walkable than the 6"+ fetish-heels), but there seems to be gap between those 2 types of highheels and didn't find a proper/pretty pair of stiletto heels that actually have that height... Anyone?:wave:

Aldo shoes always come up small. Their sizing is really weird. Sometimes you will find the length is too long but the toe area is stupidly narrow.

Most high street 'very' high heels (around size 40 EU) have an effective 4.5 inch height. Any higher and it's difficult to walk properly. At that height an extra quarter of an inch is very noticeable. The difference between 4 and 5 inches is massive.

Amazon has shoes from most big retailers including Aldo and possibly Steve Madden. Try Ebay as their new 'Fashion Outlet' side of the business has some great stuff direct from the brands.

Found these on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/French-Connection-Womens-January-Court/dp/B002M3TX6U/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sh_4

They say they are 13 inches on the link! :wave: 13cm they meant probably, but with that about 3cm platform they would not be higher than a 10cm heel effectively thus (4")

I bought about the same for my girlfriend(size 39):

http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/been_a_bad_boy/37/8044/21399/1/

On the site they say they are 15cm, but they are 14.25cm with a 3.25cm platform (so effectively 11cm) She hasn't seen them yet though... :(