Jenny's mini forum

No it is still there but there is some access problems. One trick I use is to press "stop" as it tries to load and then press "refresh" and I get it. Once the server gives me the index page it seems to go smoothly.

I am curious as to why there are two Jenny Forum sites ; the mega-forum here and the mini-forum ? If the mega-forum site was not meant to replace the mini-forum site, then why was the mega-forum site created ?

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

The mini forum was the original discussion board at Inside the Web originally created as part of Jenny's site. When Inside the Web closed down, I helped recreate it at Boardhost for the benefit of the community. However, it doesn't store very much information and the posts get lost after a while. Also it's not a very efficient way of indexing large amounts of material on different topics. So Jeff kindly offered to help us start this thread type forum on his server. There was some opposition, as change is often not welcome at first, and this board is harder to learn to use. But we agreed we would preserve the other forum as some people prefer that format and indeed continue to use it. In fact many people post at both so we have the best of both worlds.

Yes, I have posted on both Jenny's Forum and on the her companion 'Make Friends' Forum that the site has been inaccessible on three occasions lately, the current one (ongoing) having already lasted 10 days or more. This is sad, because the posting have noticeably dried-up. I think only the small minority (including Laurie and me) will know the URL for the precise Forum page, and everyone else will think the site has folded-up and it will wither and die. That would be a VERY great shame, because as Firefox says, both sites are very valuable in different ways, and I would hate to see either disappear! Firefox, can't you pull a few strings with Jenny's administrator/webmaster (Pheels?) to get him to try and sort-out the problems and get the whole of Jenny's site fully running and accessible again? Cheerfully Yours, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Hello Firefox! I'd love to contact Pheels myself, but unfortunately I haven't yet got an email number of my own, without which I cannot complete the message-sending panels to be able to send emails. Would you or your colleagues be kind enough to express all our concerns to Pheels? Jenny's site really does appear to be in danger of withering and dying through lack of maintenance. I have tried posting to him directly on both Jenny's Forum and Jenny's 'meet friends' Forum (see on those pages), but Pheels doesn't answer them. Many of the regular posters like Patience and others stopped posting about a month ago when Jenny's site started to become inaccessible, so the probably don't know any other way of getting into the Forum pages, so the site is going dead. It is a VERY great shame! Cheers, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan, you can't spend all this time on the internet without an email address! Its an absolutely basic requirement, like turning up to a gig without one's instrument :lol:

Trot along to http://www.hotmail.com and sign up for a free email account now. It takes only 10 minutes to sign up, and all your emails are stored on the webserver not on your machine.

This means two things

(a) Other people who use your machine wont be able to access your messages. (make sure you don't tell it to remember your password)

(:lol: You can access your email from any machine in the country/world eg Cyber cafe etc.

I'd recommend a "webmail" such as hotmail on the grounds of privacy.

Thanks Firefox, for your persuasion and guidance on my obtaining an email number. I suppose in a way I can see why many would find it useful, although I have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed (as you've noticed!) my last few months since going on the Net and simply contributing things here and stirring things up there a bit (where they needed it) without feeling bereft at not receiving any personal replies. Don't they preach 'To give is better than to receive'?, and in fact Xa doesn't seem to give any email number on his Megaforum membership listing(!). Anyway, I think I'll follow your advice shortly - in for a penny and in for a pound! Cheerfully Yours, Heelsfan

Onwards and upwards!

I think Xa leaves it out to avoid it getting spammed which can sometimes happen. He does have one though. It's an email "address" BTW not a number. If someone on the net asks you what your "addie" is, you'll know what they're talking about.

• 1 month later...

Great News! Firefox and Laurieheels have resurrected most of Jenny's High Stiletto Heels Site on line. There is still some retieval and sorting -out to do, but they've already got much of it back up and running. I hope they will come on this thread to let you know their exciting new plans for adding to Jenny's site. Well done both of you! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!