It sad that summer means less heels

highheeltrained

I hear what you are saying. We live in Arizona where ladies wear stappy high heel sandals all year. There are many flip flop wearers, but you see lots of sexy heels, too. I have noticed that many Mexican and Asian ladies wear heels often. They look gorgeous in them.

It seems when summer comes around. There are less women wearing heels/boots and out come the ugly flip flops. I see a lot more women wearing heels/boots in the winter. Which is kind of odd since its a more dangerous season to with the snow and ice.

sad I am :wave:

I love the look as well as the feel of high heels so I try to wear them whenever I can. Plus heels go so much better with my skirts. Myself as well as some people college friends plus people here have also confirmed what I found. The higher the heel, the more uncomfortable, especially if you are standing, walking or dancing in them for any length of time. My typical heels are only 3 inches high but in order for me to wear them day in day out, from morning until evening, I almost always wear them with my knee high boots. If I know I will be on my feet for a long time or if I will be doing anything resembling distance walking or dancing, I will choose to go with a pair of knee high boots that are very stylish on the outside but have a thick padded fur lining on the inside. I will then also wear dancers pantyhose and thick socks inside the boots for additional padding. All this gets warm. Although I have gotten used to being very warm, most girls prefer to be cool, thus they opt for flip flops instead of heels in the summer time but will choose heels with lots of hidden padding inside in the winter time.

Heidi, have you thought about maybe wearing taller heels for longer, maybe even 12 hours a day if not more? maybe doing so you'll be able to wear 4 maybe 5 inch heels a lot more with less pain. I tend to believe that the reason heels become a pain to wear is because women are not wearing them enough/longer enough for their bodies to get used to them. Pretty much every woman I've talked to who have worn tall heels for much longer periods or all the time seem to have the pain of wearing heels disappear because they have gotten used to them.

For me, my equilibrium is under 1.5 inches without good padding. If I wear lots of padding, like fur lined high heeled boots, pantyhose and thick socks, I can go up to 3.5 inches. I won't exceed that though as I know my own body. As for wearing the 3 to 3.5 inch heels with lots of padding, I typically still do not exceed 11 hours time in them. When I come home from the office I usually change to flats unless I have guests over or I am going out. If I go out after work, I have spent up to 16 hours straight in 3 inch heels without platform or 5 inch heels + 2 inch platform but my boots are very well padded to try offset the strain and even then, a plush fur lining, thick socks and pantyhose still can only help so much.

Things are pretty much the same where I live. Summer often means the girls in 'flip-flops'...mainly because they are comfortable and reasonably easy to walk in. Not to mention...cool on the foot too. Ladies who have full-time jobs still wear pumps or flats in Summer as their work demands, but you'll see the young Mum's, young girls still at school or perhaps just not working, going for a more relaxed style....usually 'flip-flops'.

I do not like wearing them as everyday shoes. More than anything else, I think that they look sloppy, and also my feet get dirty very quickly.

In Summer I will always wear heels. Up to 3.5" for everyday wear, normally a strappy sandal or a clog mule. Kitten heels are wonderful Summer heels. On occasions I will be brave and put on a pair of clear stripper mules...with a short skirt, a Summer skirt/dress or even when I wear jeans. They will be no more than 4" though.

Boots are very rare for me in the Summer.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 2 weeks later...
I have to agree with Pussyinboots. Out and about you don't see too many women wearing high heels (some in high heeled sandals) especially if the weather is unbearably hot. There are still several women in my workplace that do wear high heels to work daily. The heat must be the key. Because even in spring you see many women in lightweight dresses and high heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are pretty much the same where I live. Summer often means the girls in 'flip-flops'...mainly because they are comfortable and reasonably easy to walk in. Not to mention...cool on the foot too. Ladies who have full-time jobs still wear pumps or flats in Summer as their work demands, but you'll see the young Mum's, young girls still at school or perhaps just not working, going for a more relaxed style....usually 'flip-flops'.

I do not like wearing them as everyday shoes. More than anything else, I think that they look sloppy, and also my feet get dirty very quickly.

In Summer I will always wear heels. Up to 3.5" for everyday wear, normally a strappy sandal or a clog mule. Kitten heels are wonderful Summer heels. On occasions I will be brave and put on a pair of clear stripper mules...with a short skirt, a Summer skirt/dress or even when I wear jeans. They will be no more than 4" though.

Boots are very rare for me in the Summer.

I can't stand any sandals that do not have a back strap that goes over the heel of the foot, especially flip-flops. Those sandals just do not hold onto my feet as I want. I have two pairs of sandals that I wear routinely; one pair are flat men's sandals and the other pair women's wedge sandals. Both of them have straps.

Around the Dallas, Texas area men also routinely wear flip-flops in the summertime.