T3 - Kristanna Loken

I don't have any pictures, but I'll try and find a link to something.

If you don't know anything about T3 - Rise of the Machines, then go back under your rock.

I was entertained. Maybe that's an understatement.

And while I do not do a lot of looking at shoes in movies, because, let's face it, I'm a girl, I just wear 'em, I did take note.

You have Kristanna Loken playing a a new Terminator. Liquid Poly alloy over metal endoskeleton, so she can take on new forms.

And she arrives naked, as all Terminators do, and her first encounter is with a wealthy woman in a nice car. And of course, she mimics that woman. Meaning, stiletto heels.

There are a few shots of the shoes in the movie that I remember. A nice shiloutetted shot of her feet as she crouches down, shows off the heel. There is a good view of her boot from the top down, so you can see the pointy toe.

And of course, towards the end, there is a shot of her from the knees down, walking through a room. It is done with a bit of slow motion, so once this is on DVD, or once someone can find a pirate version on the internet, it may prove to be a treat.

I am sure there were other scenes, but I was there for the movie, not the heels.

I think they may have had a lower heeled pair of boots for her to wear for some of the more active scenes, but I was not sure.

The movie itself - well, this is not a review section, so I'll just say it was worth the 13.50 they now charge for admission. Yes, I thought it was great.

Posted Image

http://kristanna-loken.trexcatnip.com/pictures/kristanna-loken-terminator3-5.shtml

Chris and I were talking about it last night, and he says that he did notice a scene where the TX terminator is running, and it looks as if she is not wearing her heels. Okay, the way she has to run to chase down her prey may be a bit more than one can handle in heels. We were talking about the movie in general after that, while cruising around the city. It was nice to have time to let it sink in. Chris looked at the clock, and said "we could make the 10:30 show..." He must have liked it too.

I just love the idea of this killer robot coming from the future to assassinate someone, and wearing high heels while doing it! :wink: What possible reason would an un-feeling killing machine have for wearing sexy high heels like that? That's what's so great about it - it makes no sense, it's completely unnecessary, but she does it anyway. Terrific! :D

"No matter what they say"

The movie premier in the UK is late July.

Posted Image

Of course the "reason" given in the film that the terminator wears heels is that it takes on disguise ideas from the first person it meets so it's not entirely without logic. Cinematic logic at least!

Well you are right. If it had met Laurie, a Goddess terminator would have ensued which would have made an interesting film, but suppose it had met a 20 stone swearing woman with cigarette hanging out her mouth, worn out flip flops, track suit dress sense, and complete with 4 bawling ill mannered kids... its not going to be a big box office pull :wink:

All I can say is "WOW"! She is a breathtaking girl with even more breathtaking heels! I love the pic with those incredibly sexy stiletto pumps. I'd really love to see her trying to run after her prey in those babies! :wink:

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Well, the movie does show how the TX can learn from surroundings and adapt to use appearance, so... I think it would deem the 20 stone woman with a cigarette and flip flops as unsuitable as it surveyed things like billboards, and saw what the perceived, marketing image of a woman might be. See the movie to understand. :wink:

Well, for any Terminator that can adjust shape and size, one moment it could display as wearing heels, then to run, change to flats, and when stopping, have heels again.

Lucky Terminator :wink: I wish I could do that!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

It would be great, yes, and not just for heels. Changing a skirt into shorts and heels into flats when one has to chase a child around does help as well. Once caught, I could change back in a blink and be happy. Of course, it may freak out the neighbours, and have the other children eager for me to perform magic again.