Dancing with the Stars

AndWhyNot?

I love that show! The girls on there are gorgeous and the guys are always cute. Only on TV right? Yeah, lets see those pictures.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

Funny that if any of the Girls aren't in THB's On-Air, only other style featured are Cowgirls. Some have on occasion worn UGGS/Ugg-likes while Rehearsing though, and few times gone Barefoot for both as well. I've missed Season 1 but caught all others, hard to believe show's been on 10 years. :-)

Boots Rock!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

The choice of footwear they were for dancing is very important as it impacts comfort, style and the ability to do moves. The shoes to a dancer is like the board to a snowboarder, the drum to a drummer, the scissors to the barber. Are there any other dancers on this forum?

I used to ballroom dance several years ago, even some limited competition. The shoes I wore were narrow with a slightly pointed toe and a heel that was a little less the two inches. In ballroom dancing, especially competition, you must stay on your toes or the balls of your feet throughout the dance. That's why you see the male dancers with slightly elevated heels and I'm guessing that wearing high heels helps the women stay on their toes and the balls of their feet. And since appearence is so important in competition, the high heels enhance the appearence of the women's legs.

I used to ballroom dance several years ago, even some limited competition. The shoes I wore were narrow with a slightly pointed toe and a heel that was a little less the two inches. In ballroom dancing, especially competition, you must stay on your toes or the balls of your feet throughout the dance. That's why you see the male dancers with slightly elevated heels and I'm guessing that wearing high heels helps the women stay on their toes and the balls of their feet. And since appearence is so important in competition, the high heels enhance the appearence of the women's legs.

My Parents go Ballroom Dancing, they have done for years. The ladies heels are no more than 3", any higher and it would be dangerous....and difficult....to dance in. However, the Latin-American dancers wear higher heels.....around 3.5".

My Mum is 82....and still wears heels for dancing!:wave:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

My Parents go Ballroom Dancing, they have done for years. The ladies heels are no more than 3", any higher and it would be dangerous....and difficult....to dance in. However, the Latin-American dancers wear higher heels.....around 3.5".

Bless your parents hearts! That is so neat that they are enjoying doing something like that together, and the fact that your mother is still wearing heels when she goes dncing is so cool. You are correct about the heel height, too. When my (now ex-) and I went dancing, and in a few competitions, the heels on her shoes were not quite three inches. And when attending open-to-the public ballroom dances, there are always many women there your mom's age, give or take, and most of them are wearing heels.

pussyinboots

Wow Good for her, A good active exercise though life doesn't mean a ten mile jog every day and that is probable perfect enough to give her many more years on "the floor".

I bow my head to her.

Al