Land Rover Enthusiasts

I used to do a lot of off-roading in my family's old Lada Niva. These days I'm drawn towards a Land Rover or Range Rover. I'd quite like an old-shape 3.9V8 Range Rover, or (dreams) a 101 forward control, perhaps with a diesel conversion. And if I had one of these - I'd probably drive it in heels anyway!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I used to do a lot of off-roading in my family's old Lada Niva. These days I'm drawn towards a Land Rover or Range Rover. I'd quite like an old-shape 3.9V8 Range Rover, or (dreams) a 101 forward control, perhaps with a diesel conversion.

And if I had one of these - I'd probably drive it in heels anyway!

I really like the 101 too... but keep the V8!!!

oh, that sound.... :wink::D

My 109 Series III has a V8 too :o:D

Landies are almost part of the culture down here.They were as comon as mud for years but the Jap trucks have left them for dead.

My favourite would have to be the MarkII.They would go anywhere and were tough as nails.. :wink:

These days my towing and off-road work is done with a Nissan.

Posted Image

These sand dunes are at Ahipara,in the Far North of NZ.Not to far from my home.

I really like the 101 too... but keep the V8!!!

oh, that sound.... :wink::D

My 109 Series III has a V8 too :o:D

True! There's nothing like the noise a V8 makes!

I'd probably go for the LPG conversion, tho', just to try and get the fuel bills down a bit. I spotted a gorgeous 3.9 RR today, while I was on site. Cream leather interior, dead straight bodywork, a nice vehicle. And the price looked good too. The only problem was it was green, and I hate green cars. Blue, black, red, anything else is fine!

And there's loads of space inside for the family, plus a bootfull of shoes!

Oh well, continue dreaming.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I have a thing for vintage FJ-40 Toyota Land Crushers, myself. Used to own one before my divorce. They would go anywhere. I asked the members of my Land Cruiser club if they would mind if I invited a friend along with a Jeep CJ-40, and they said "Sure--entertainment!". And sure enough they got stuck! Don't know much about Range Rovers, except that getting parts for them is expensive as the devil, and the older Land Rovers had a reputation in America of leaking oil like a sieve.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I have a thing for vintage FJ-40 Toyota Land Crushers, myself. Used to own one before my divorce. They would go anywhere. I asked the members of my Land Cruiser club if they would mind if I invited a friend along with a Jeep CJ-40, and they said "Sure--entertainment!". And sure enough they got stuck! Don't know much about Range Rovers, except that getting parts for them is expensive as the devil, and the older Land Rovers had a reputation in America of leaking oil like a sieve.

A Land Rover doesn't leak oil, it markes it's territory :rofl:

I seem to remember a running joke with Americans, that the reason we don't make televisions in the UK is because we couldn't get them to leak oil! Range Rovers can be costly to run, although there are enough about that you can get parts for older ones. And I have a friend of a friend who works in the business who might be able to help me sort the parts I'd need. And I did say it was a dream :wink: