Dog Eat Dog

dheel

For those of you in the US, I just saw a short commercial for a show called "Dog Eat Dog". It looks like one of those "reality" shows, where they make people do silly stunts and stuff. They showed a quick clip of the next episode, and they have a guy walking in high heels on a narrow platform over a big tank of water, and he falls in. They were silver stiletto pumps, but they didn't look all that high, maybe 3 inches. But anyway, it's on Tuesday night on NBC. Might be fun to watch.

"No matter what they say"

That's the show where the girl moderator wears fantastic tall stiletto heel boots. She does a good job walking around in them, by the way.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well, that episode was on tonight. True, it was just a silly stunt to them, and an excuse to ridicule the guy. But any time something like that is on tv, I like to watch it. I just imagine myself in that situation - just because it's a real, legitimate excuse to wear shoes like that! How fun would that be? Of course, it might be kind of embarrassing when they see how well I walk in them! So anyway, there weren't a whole lot of comments. It was down to 3 contestants - 1 girl and 2 guys, and they had to vote on which one of them would do the stunt (they play against each other, so they want the others to fail at the stunts). When the host asked one guy why he voted for the other guy and not the girl, he said sarcastically, "Hmmm.... wears high heels [pointing at the girl]....SHOULDN'T be wearing high heels [pointing at the guy]." And they all laugh. Ha ha. And they kept saying "6 inch heels", and when they introduced the segment, they had a model wearing 6 or 7 inch strappy platform shoes. But when the guy did the stunt, it was in regular pumps, and they looked more like 4 or 5 inches. Of course, everyone on the show was an airhead, and it's a really stupid show. But there really wasn't too much ridicule from the female host. She made some comments, like when he fell in the tank she said "Oh no, wet slippers - that's no fun!" And the second time he fell in, the shoes fell off, and she said "You lost your slippers, Cinderella!" But for the most part she seemed relatively objective about it. Or perhaps she only seemed objective because she was just an airhead reading off cue cards. At any rate, they all implicitly accepted the basic premise that "high heels are for girls, not for guys". Obviously not in any way attempting to challenge that basic premise. But you're right, Bubba - the host wears some AWESOME heels. Very thin, very high stiletto pumps. No mention of those on the show, however. I thought maybe she would demonstrate for the guy or something! Not even a camera shot of her shoes. Very disappointing.

"No matter what they say"