Platform Heels

platformgirl

There are platformed heels that I like and I own a few pairs. I don't prefer platforms over other types of heels and my bf generally dislikes them (but he is refering to the stripper type). They do have to be designed well to look good on the foot/leg though.

• 1 month later...

Any girls still like to wear platform heels?

I really love platforms because they make me taller plus they allow me to get away with wearing a higher heel.

It looks really nice when it looks like I am able to walk in a 5" heel when in fact it is a 3" platform supporting it.

Yes, I love platforms too. I'm enjoying the concealed platform styles that have become popular in the last couple of years, but seeing as I usually channel a strong Goth aesthetic, I'm wedded to my platform boots with chunky soles as well. I've got so used to them that when I don't wear platforms it feels funny, as if my legs are too short! Alexa

I love platforms that are at least 1/2", that's about it. Anything higher than that shows off too much.

• Like 1

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

• 2 weeks later...

I have a dozen or so platforms. The built in ones are the most sexy as you do not see the platform. For summer I have many pairs of shoes with a 1-1.5" platform and 6 inch heel. Makes them much more comfy and easy to walk in.

It's true, but I hate it when the platform looks obvious. I'm more into the hidden platform shoes.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey

It's true, but I hate it when the platform looks obvious. I'm more into the hidden platform shoes.

You've piqued my curiosity, what is a hidden platform?

Is it a pair of platform sandals hidden under long pants so others can't see the platform?

That website has a lot of styles that I like. I linked you to that site because that's where I get petty much all my boots. I love them. So comfortable. Even their 5" boots feels like you're walking on shoes that have lower heels. Very, very comfortable.

Thank you for the website Karen. It is always good to know another source to compare styles and prices.

You say you bought pretty much all your boots from there? Do their high heel boots have a soft, thick, padded lining inside?

I know a lot of dressy style footwear tend to have almost no padding which makes most heels a lot harder to walk in compared to sneakers which actually have a soft insole and are flat. I love to buy boots which have great style but are also have some treads on the bottom so they have some traction and a thick padded lining inside so it is less tiring walking in heels.

This particular pair I found on the site I really really like

http://www.endless.com/Dolce-Vita-Womens-Wagner-Boot/dp/B0029PP8AG/ref=sr_1_6/?cAsin=B0029PP5FO&fromPage=search&qid=1275939165815&sr=1-6&asins=B002DYK8NU,B0035WTUC4,B002MRQG3O,B00295S9PM,B002BZVJPW,B0029PP5FO,B002BZPMRI,B002E9XHL4,B002CMZNP6,B0027A8Z6C,B002DYK1Y6,B002EAYJMO,B002DYKC3Q,B002IFQKWM,B002EQ98ZG,B00171NBQ6,B0023NVXCQ,B00264FF1W,B001CD3P10,B001BLYWSS,B002DYKAH4,B002EA3862,B002DEKLNW,B0021AFBEM,B002WVEARO,B0027P9NSG,B00272LTOU,B002CNB9MG,B002AVVDN0,B001W6RO5U,B00264H58S,B0026MSBLK,B0026MSHBO,B001WAJLKC,B001TV07MK,B0013KUIKI,B002DV7JO4,B0018P51KK,B0027A8YEU,B00280M1N4&asinTitle=Dolce Vita Wagner Boot&contextTitle=search results&page=1&size=40&node=242261011&nodes=242266011|242275011|242278011&sort=shoesbrowserel2&heelheights=519511011

It really depends on the type you get. There are padded linings inside mine, but they're very thin. Just enough to give you some comfort in high heels. I can stand in my boots all day!!! Literally and won't get tired. You can probably add more to it if you have really sensitive feet, but I feel the original design are adequate.

It really depends on the type you get. There are padded linings inside mine, but they're very thin. Just enough to give you some comfort in high heels. I can stand in my boots all day!!! Literally and won't get tired. You can probably add more to it if you have really sensitive feet, but I feel the original design are adequate.

You have very strong ankle and calf muscles Karen! I envy you!

I am wearing a pair of high heel stiletto boots today with a skirt suit. I did a 2 hour standing presentation on single nucleotide polymorphisms today and to prevent getting tired, I chose a pair of boots of a soft fur lining on the inside plus I wore a pair of thick wool socks and pantyhose for padding. The good news is that my ankles and calf muscles are not too tired thanks to the many layers of padding. My feet are a bit warm though.

Back in high school, I was very active. I played a lot of tennis, swam on the swim team, and ran cross country for my high school. That seem like ages ago though. I don't do that anymore, lol. So I guess all those activiites made me strong in certain ways.

I can see how running for the cross country team would strengthen your calf muscles significantly with swimming and tennis helping to a lesser extent. I take it prior to any competitions, you had to stay off tall heels for fear of tiring them out before a swim meet, tennis competition or a 26 mile marathon?

Back then, I didn't wear high heels much. The highest I believe was like 3" or something like that and it was only for formal dances and special occassions with parents and friends. That's it. Even then, I wore sneakers quite a bit. Other days, I wore loafers, lol. It's been awhile since I was in high school. The good old days. I sound like I'm 50 huh? Now, things are completely different. It's like the opposite, lol. High heels, and wear it often.

Back then, I didn't wear high heels much. The highest I believe was like 3" or something like that and it was only for formal dances and special occassions with parents and friends. That's it. Even then, I wore sneakers quite a bit. Other days, I wore loafers, lol. It's been awhile since I was in high school. The good old days. I sound like I'm 50 huh? Now, things are completely different. It's like the opposite, lol. High heels, and wear it often.

LOL, I like your sense of humour Karen, you are always a fun person to chat with.

I remember in highschool, heels were what the cool girls wore. It was what people wore to fit in with the in crowd along with makeup and hiking up our skirts until they were micro minis.

Haha, yeah. Sometimes I type like I talk. It just comes to me and next thing you know, whoop, it's on the computer. When I was in school, heels were never a fashion statement here. Girls wore ballet flats, loafers, lots of sneakers. I think girls were actually made fun of if they wore high heels, lol. Funny huh? I'm sure these days, they probably wear them for different reasons :).

Haha, yeah. Sometimes I type like I talk. It just comes to me and next thing you know, whoop, it's on the computer.

When I was in school, heels were never a fashion statement here. Girls wore ballet flats, loafers, lots of sneakers. I think girls were actually made fun of if they wore high heels, lol. Funny huh? I'm sure these days, they probably wear them for different reasons :).

Your high school and my high school had some differences in the way girls dressed. Your high school seems more relaxed. I read in a fashion magazine once that people in California tend to wear more relaxed, casual styles as compared to places like New York, Paris, Frankfurt, is that true?

I guess so. I mean, we wear whatever we want. There are certain dress codes, but we all know to dress appropriately and still look good at the same time. We don't dress super sexy and all that, just super casual. We've never had a problem with dressing what we want though.

I guess so. I mean, we wear whatever we want. There are certain dress codes, but we all know to dress appropriately and still look good at the same time. We don't dress super sexy and all that, just super casual. We've never had a problem with dressing what we want though.

Think back to your prom Karen. Was it in California? If so, did you go on a full length ball gown or did you just go in a sexy dress with mini skirt?

• 10 months later...

I love platforms. They make me feel sexy, specially dancing in discos or going out to night clubs. So, I ' d like to move this thread up..if there is anybody in there, l we can do a platform party :smile: with comments and pics of us

Elegance is my second name