tendon pain

Trolldeg

I have noticed something I find a little disturbing. When I try to wear my higher heels (5"+), I experience some pain the heel tendon of my left foot , like it's being compressed. Have anyone experienced the same thing or know what may be causing it. I don't want this to stop me from reaching 6"... :wink:

On the rare moments I feel something, it shows up in my calves faster as in the tendons. When wearing 5-inch for very long time or distances, the first thing I feel is heat under the ball of my feet.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Sorry, Trolldeg, I believe this is a classic problem for some hh wearers. If you look on any podiatry site, they will give it a fancy name, but I'm pretty sure that it's your body telling you that it doesn't want to play. I'm not sure if anything can be done about it. :wink: Xa

When wearing 5-inch for very long time or distances, the first thing I feel is heat under the ball of my feet.

I feel this heat after about 30 minutes when I wear boots with 6 inch heels and stand on a hard surface (tile or wood floor, concrete). However it is not particularly unpleasant. What really hurts is my toes being squeezed together into the pointed front.

Now the bottom of my heel can hurt to the bone if I'm standing for a long time in something relatively flat and hard, such as clogs. I don't experience this pain with softer EVA soled footwear.

Michael

No, I've never had that. I also either get crushed toes or a burning sensation under the ball of my foot. Now that I'm more careful with what I wear, I get less of those sensations. I've found that anytime my feet feel a little sore, either wriggling my toes or just walking around a bit helps. This is part of the reason I don't often drive in heels any more.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"