Oxford Meet, 12 July 2003 (consolidation of suggestions)

Heelyfan

Oh dear, bad luck YY. I will save the CK one atomiser for next time. I will see you in the western P&R at 9.30 Xa, if I can work out where it is from the net. I will also bring along some maps of Oxford shops. Anyone else who wants to meet in P&R is welcome and you can touch base on (07941) 172043 or meet at the OU shop 106 high street at 10.00 or phone me later in the day and I will tell you where we are.

So, how was it?!? I want news, I want photos, I want it all! (Oh, and my grandmother seems fine now, although I spent part of the weekend trying to persuade her to move into some protected housing... I hope she will)

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I'm glad to hear your grandmother is on the mend YY. These things can be very worrying. Anyway, my full report on other board and I quote here for convenience:

Well six of us turned up to see the delights Oxford had to offer. There was Me, Xa, Heelfan, John, Simon, and Calv joined us at noon.

I hadn't met John, Simon, or Heelfan in person before so it's cool to see some new faces. Everybody wore heels of some sort or other and they were a pretty good match for the outfits.

After coffee in Starbucks we toured some shops and then had a pub lunch in the "3 Goats heads" or something like that. Anyway it was one of the more famous Oxford pubs. After that it was more shopping in the Clarendon and Westgate centres, not to mention the streets around. I bought a pair in Ravel in the sale.

Then we went back to Starbucks and finally made our way home at about 4.00pm. As though that wasn't enough excitement for the day, John had to give me a jump start at the park and ride.

Great to see some new people; we're hoping to have another bash when the Autumn fashions come out. There wasn't a great deal to interest me in the styles, but that didn't stop me having a good try on at New Look, Ravel and elsewhere!

Sounds like a good time. I know the "Three Goats' Heads" well, it's a great place to drink of an evening. I must admit, I didn't know they did food too. What can I say - sounds like I missed a good day out!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Well, six of us turned up and had a great day in Oxford - see Firefox's Aesthetic Heels forum for full reports from both Firefox and me. We are now batting dates around for the next two UK Meets at London and Birmingham respectively, and also for the Paris Euro-Meet. Please see under separate topic-heading here for "Forthcoming Meets at London, Birmingham and Paris" Cheerfully Yours, Heersfan

Onwards and upwards!