Why is this???

To be honest I'm not too bothered about an apostrophe, it's not gonna govern whether I pass or fail - I know I've failed already (no, seriously I have - you can't answer less than 2 questions on a paper for a course you've been disaccredited from due to not turning up to lessons and pass). However, it does make me wonder whether these people should really be writing exams when they let something like that slip. Of course it could just be an honest mistake... but surely someone should have spotted it?! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

For me, learning one foreign language is enough bother as it is... The apostrophe abusers must have picked up this habit abroad. It's my guess it was in Holland. One of my co-workers from England picked up broken English first and Dutch much later. After having spent 4 months here, he spent his holidays in England. People thought he was from South Africa. Yes, I was one of his teachers... :wink:

Ah, but English people are notoriously bad about accents. I have a tinge of a West Midlands accent, but many people think I'm actually a foreigner. I was once asked by a customer if I'd flown into the UK for their project! And it is a good idea to learn lots of languages, but I'm bad at languages too, so I haven't. Oh well, hopefully my little one won't pick this up from me :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"