I Probably Shouldn't Have Done That...

acesecret

I recently made a thread questioning if youd spend double than you normally would for a pair of heels you really loved. With two choices if i did buy any. Well...

That idea went out the window after that, but ive very suddenly run into some money, and before its hit my account, i went on a shoe shopping spree!:w00t2:

I had decided that ordering online for me was getting more and more troublesome, and if i was going to spend abit of money then the least i could do was to do myself a favour and actually try the shoes on before buying. Central london seemed like a good idea since more shoe stores there carry the full range and stock, it helped that i knew roughly what styles i was looking for too.

First stop was Dorothy Perkins for a pair of cowboy boots. i was walking around the shop in black combats and flat black ballet shoes so you wouldnt have noticed that i was looking for heels for myself until the last moment (These are the shoes i just felt most comfortable in too). I managed to find a pair of pullon black biker boots i liked called Tiger but then i realised a few problems:

1) Dorothy Perkins annoyingly list some uk8s as eu41 and some as eu42.

2) Im actually going to need to find a shop assistant to get my size and wont point and shout at me to get out of the shop or something.

...Luckily both were solved. Firstly and gladly the boots were a true eu42 and the shop assistant i found was a very helpful young blonde girl, who, once she realised the boots were for me, encouraged me to try both boots on for fit. I could have gone around the shop after that just trying on different pairs of heels with that confidence, but i was happy i even managed to find a pair that even fit. Time for the next shop!

Next i found Aldo, and i knew exactly what i was looking for, their Seace hidden platform ankle boots. After spending a while looking around the shop i ended up finding myself looking for an assistant i thought who would really help, a brunette assistant who looked younger than the previous was more than happy to get me a pair of uk9's from the store. Then once she saw me open the box and realised they were for me she darted around hesitantly between places. It turned out the boots were too narrow and tight around my foot and i looked up after taking them off, to find both her and another brunette assistant in front of me both there ready to help, i think one was a trainee, but they both sincerely were trying to help as i spent the next 20minutes talking to them happily about what styles i like and had nothing but compliments to say once i found my patent black hidden platform high heels called Franchette. I found myself standing there in the shop for another 10minutes in these heels talking to them deciding if they were too tight or not, happily having a conversation casually about heels (that i can never seem to hold with my girl friends for more than 2mins).

I had a look around Faith and a few other stores around oxford circus but was pretty happy with what id got already as i had already ordered online 3 more pairs of shoes!

Getting home the other pairs had arrived, being my much debated black knee high hidden platform boots with the chrome heel from River Island(search code 575445). Opening these i found theyre quite heavy in the hand but fine on the foot, they came with replacement heel tips and vouchers for money off shoe care and heel tip replacements. Im normally used to grabbing a £20 pair of heels off the rack and wondering why the counter of the shoe is of crumbling cardboard. So those who did follow my thread on which pair should i buy...i wanted to buy both :chuckle: but the aldo boots just didnt fit.

I also bought a pair of round toe black patent zip up cut out ankle boots from next that feel well made to the touch, very sturdy. The heel height and arch feels just right too, being one of my cheaper pairs of shoes id bought i could easily end up liking them the most.

My last pair were just black patent double ankle strap ballet flats from Next that i knew i just had to have after being so comfortable in ballet flats before.

Just to note i rarely go out in heels unless i feel totally comfortable in them, and never thought id be trying them on in a shop too! Let alone standing there for half an hour in front of 2 girls with 6in heels on having a good chat!

Heres a few pics of them, took these at night so dont do them much justice, more to come later:

post-10317-133522894573_thumb.jpg

post-10317-133522894585_thumb.jpg

post-10317-133522894596_thumb.jpg

post-10317-133522894607_thumb.jpg