I wonder

dheel

All this makes it sound worse than if you were telling someone you were gay. All it is is a choice of footwear, not sexuality and lifestyle! So why does it seem such a big thing when really when it comes down to it, it's just a different style of footwear?! It's mad...

SH

Because people perceive heel wearing men, especially the men wearing "women's" heels, a certain way. I know many of my guy friend, if I told them, would joke about it to my face but they'd accept it. That's one of the things we all do together, crack jokes about each other.

I wish I was a size 10

just remember that it's only the people without the intelligence to comprehend that the world around them is not the way they want to be, hence there are going to be many situations that will totally bamboozle them. Some of these will react adversely, attacking what they don't understand, while the rest will close the eyes and try wishing it away. Occasionally, you will find the odd person with the courage to ask you why you made such a choice. Don't take it at face value that they accept, just that curiousity has got the better of them. At the end of the day, you are your own person and sod anyone that doesn't approve. It's not like you're breaking any laws to be different, is it? :wink:

Is that why the aliens won't come here? :wink: I get what you're saying, I really do. I usually don't care about the opinions of other, except when it comes to my new heels :D , so I wouldn't care what my less tolerant friends think. It's the opinions of the ones I care for that matter to me. I don't know what I'd do if one of them "lashed out".

I wish I was a size 10

Is that why the aliens won't come here? :wink:

Actually, we're just better hidden than you thought! Oh, wait, there goes my cover :D

I get what you're saying, I really do. I usually don't care about the opinions of other, except when it comes to my new heels :D , so I wouldn't care what my less tolerant friends think. It's the opinions of the ones I care for that matter to me. I don't know what I'd do if one of them "lashed out".

I do care about what people think of me, even people I don't know. My pet insecurity, perhaps. But I do know that people who care, will pretty much care whatever. I don't know what I'd have done if one of the people I'd told had 'lashed out' - reacted badly or something. It would have been really hard. But at least I could console myself with the fact that I told them about it!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"