Uneventful, though enjoyable, booting

tallguyinheels

Last weekend I purchased my first boots, actually two pair, from Peirre Silber in Santa Clara: a Pleaser Seduce Black Patent 2000 and a Pleaser Domina 3000 over the knee boot in Black fake leather (PU). The later have a 6 inch heel and the former my usual 5" heel. I'd classify the fit on the 2000 calf boots as comfortable, and the 3000 knee boots as tight. I spent evenings in Santa Clara enjoying both boots, mostly in the Santa Row shopping district, where there are many nice restaurants, wine bars, etc. The heels, as usual for me, were mostly hidden under jeans or chinos, and on the hotter evening I kind of wish I had the bravery to throw on a pair of shorts or a skirt like TBG! The 6 inch heels were new to me (except for a pair of extreme pumps I tried unsuccessfully to wear in my introduction to woman's heels.) The inch extra height in heel results more in change of the slope of my foot than in an increase in height. The restriction in movement - Rocking forward on my toes, I could only lift the heel a half inch or so off the ground - was very intoxicating. I spent Sunday, Monday and Wednesday evening in these boots - A trip to the Chili's bar with a just a couple blocks walk from the parking lot. No one seemed to notice, but I was kind of focused on my posture and trying to relax in the shoes. The over the knee worked OK with the jeans - these were heavy enough to keep the wider top flare of the boot for showing through. Triple layers (socks, boots, jeans) in the summer can get a bit warm, though the early evening in the was a comfortable 68 degrees or so. Nights 2&3 (Monday and Wednesday) in the 6's got me all over the shopping area - I walked up and down the streets and put enough time in to significantly wear down one heels tip (I must be scrapping the heel a bit when I walk) about 5 glasses of wine in 5 bars... not very crowded though. Not many ladies in high heels compared to Saturday night where many fine heels were spotted. The 5 inch patents kind of grew on me, a surprise since I wouldn't normally think of wearing a shiny patent shoe with jeans, but from a style point of view, I though it worked quite well. These boot are almost 2 inches longer then the higher heels, and the shiny toe of the boot has a nice detail seam running down its center right out to the tip of the toe. I had a shiny - though not patent shiny - belt to wear - that looked coordinated. I spent a whole evening on Saturday, sampling wines and a little grub. Very crowded on the streets and sidewalk cafes, but no comments from folks, except a "you sure are tall..." comment from a waitress - I'm about 6'8" in these heels. I've gotta learn to answer these with a "only because I'm wearing heels" just to start conversation. I wore these boots to the airport and through security (Hint: I unzipped the sides about half way before entering the security line to make removing easier) Older ladies (very short) behind didn't notice but a pilot in front of me and then the TSA security guy at the entrance to the scanner both gave me and the boots in the bin second glance each. Landing in HotLanta Thursday, I pulled the boots and jeans off in deference to the humidity and a pair of short and sandals after I claimed my luggage. (I felt so comfortable in the 5 inch boots I didn't carry on a spare pair of footwear.) A good trip and good additions to my higher altitude daily wear heels.

Congrats on first Boot purchases...looks like you have found the ticket! We should find an opportunity next time we're in the LA area to connect. We especially love the Santa Monica Promenade area to walk around in, very comfortable and never a problem...great clubs too! David & Cathy

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

An even TallerGuyinHeels:-) Sounds like you broke those boots in in a hurry. Thanks for sharing your exploits in them for us. Welcome to the wonderful world of boots. You will now probably end up buying more boots now that you have experienced them in public use. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!