At It Again!

Waisted_Giraffe

Dear all I`ve been at it again.....buying and being seen in. Further to the string on United Footwear, I was obviously reminded of the fact that I live not too far from the one in Nottingham. I had previously been to said outlet but hadn`t found anything appropriate, so left feeling somewaht disappointed, especially considering the number of styles they have there. Anyway, I dropped in last weekend to see waht they had in, I was also looking at houses for sale in the area. I wandered in, dutyfully handed in my ruc sac and began to shop. I made a bee-line for the household goods and gents shoes to scope out the staff other punters but quickly made my way to the other side of the shop. I had a good prowl and poke around, mainly looking for a pair of closed toe high heel sandles (rock climbing boots do your toes no favours what so ever) However, nothing, every pair of sandles were open toed strappies....oh well. Anyway I ended up finding a pair of Stiletto Heels 4" lace up front / zipper side calf boots in a size 7, well what the hell it`s worth trying to get my size 9s in if possible, a pair of Bisi 4" tapered heel, wedge sole, side zipper ankle boots, size 8 and a pair of Missy? size 7 70`s style peep toe 4" sandles. Took my prezzies to the counter where the check out woman jokingly asked if I had tried them on........I bottled it and said that I didn`t think they were anywhere near big enough for me but hoped they were fine for my (non-existant) girlfriend :wink: After rushing home, the first to go on were the wedgies, a tight fit but not bad, heels are quite squishy though but a good comfortable walk and I can`t really tell I`m in 4" heels The next to try where the "small" size 7s, I really wasn`t expecting them to go on but I have been looking for something like them for a long time, so thought what the hell, they are good to look at whatever. I took my time to sort out the laces so they looked and worked right, then slipped my nylon clad foot into the boot.....I couldn`t believe it, after a firm but unstrained push, my heel dropped in, my toes were well compressed but not crushed......as you can imagine I was over the moon, I can see these going places. As for the peep toes, not a sniff, I couldn`t even get the ball of my foot into the front, let alone the strap past my heel. Oh well 2 out of 3 isn`t bad. As I said earlier, I have also been spotted again. I went to the local petrol station in the wedgies that evening, found that driving in these is easy too, I`m not able to in any of my other heels, I`m just too tall for the car. I then decided to go food shopping in them on Monday night. I didn`t worry too much about my jeans not covering the heel very well, I did want to be spotted. I didn`t seem to attract too much attention, I certainly didn`t get anybody double-taking. Though I think the check-out girl spotted them, she seemed a little off hand when she served me but hey that`s her problem if she can`t accept those of us who do wear heels out and about. This was a far less nerve wracking exercise that the last time, maybe beacuse I`ve done it once before or the fact the shoes are far less obvious... The experiences continue..... :D

Glad to hear of your positive experience. They are used to men trying out women's shoes at United Footwear. It's not unusual, I think the assistant was trying to phase you, and managed ! Some people have no idea how to react to 'unusual' situations. After all, it's not something that were 'conditioned' for. We learn by experience, which is where tact and diplomacy come in. If the lass had a problem with your footwear then that's her fault, not yours! I don't expect everyone to accept what I wear, but, hey, they're not wearing it!! I am!!! 2 out of 3, just goes to prove that there's no substitute for trying before buying :wink: