Perhaps a promotion

Yesterday my boss wanted to have a talk with me. It was about the job I do at another office in another town that´s belongs to our company. I usually spending one day of the week there. My boss told me they was very pleased with my work and that he was thinking that this job would be more permanent for me. My boss told me I probably had to go there spending a few more days there, attending meetings and so on. I was very glad, very proud he had asked me. I told my boss I coulden´t say yes or no to this offer before I had spoken to Michael. Taking this job would mean that I have to spend more time out of town, at least 2-3 days everry week. This would make my working days very long. I was very glad, very proud telling Michael this. Michael took it not the way I quite had expected. Ofcourse he was glad for me but I could see he wasn´t 100% for it. Don´t know what to do. Phoned my sister yesterday evening telling her about it. She told me, I should take it. Still I don´t know what to do. I don´t want to do do it if Michael not feeling 100% comfortable with it, me taking this job. I know this could be a good thing for my career but I also want Michael to supporting me in this all the way. Advice anyone, please.

I agree with you the secret with every relationship is that you can talk with your partner. Michael and I are always doing this, we understand each others. I guess Michael got a bit suprised when I told him about this bit of a new job. He wasn´t prepared for this, me having to work out town more then I do now, coming home a little later in evenings and I have to leave home a bit earlier too, catching my train. Guess Michael going to drive me to the train station, picking me up in the evening too. The way he does now. I told him this doesen´t change anything between us. I told him I always be there fore him, backing him up, supporting him, love him. It dosen´t matter if I´m spending a few days outside town, leaving home a bit early, coming home a bit late. I´m still going to be there bisede him. No matter what. I guess it will take Michael a little time accept this but I´m sure he will accept this when we have been talking this through. He´s seeing it more from my point a view.