Trip to target and a question about fitment

watts

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I just found this site and I think it's pretty awesome that you guys are out there pushing the boundaries for weenies like me who keep it to the indoors! ;-)

Sorry if this whole situation is really, really silly. Today I was in a daring mood, so I perused the high heeled shoes at Target. I don't really do this sort of thing in public and it made me quite nervous--it's only the second time I've bought heels in person. Anyway, these are the shoes. They look great and they have a really high heel, but I'm not sure I've got the right size. I honestly can't tell for sure because I only tried the one pair before almost fainting from nervousness. They're a size 11 women's and I usually wear a size 10.5 in men's. All of my other women's shoes are 11's. The toe parts feel ok--not too tight--but there's a bit of space between my heel and the shoe. Is it supposed to be like that, or should my heel be touching?

Here's a picture of my foot in the shoe. And a bonus pic of the shoe by its lonesome: here.

If that's not right, I want to return them, but I think that'd be even more nerve wracking. Especially since I'd like to get a proper size if that's not right and the next size down is a 10! That's a half size lower than what I wear in men's, could that possibly be right? Thanks for any advice, and sorry that this is such a basic, dumb question (how can a person not know if a shoe fits while wearing it? :w00t2: )

the heels look about right to me ... its good to have a "little" space between the back of the shoe and your foot... but how do they feel when you walk ? Does the heel slide up and down ? congrats on your purchase!!

watts, First of all welcome to the forum! I hope you'll enjoy reading and posting here as much as the rest of us do! I would have to say that it looks a little big to me, I could never get a finger between my shoe and the back of my foot in my pumps. That being said if it's comfy and it stays on your foot when you walk you should be fine. You could always try some insoles or gel cushions under the ball of your foot, that should push your foot back a bit. Regards, Spiker.

First, welcome to HHplace! You have just had your first experience with the sizing dilemma -- it just never ends. Sometimes I think they pick these sizes at random. Some lines run big, some lines run small. From the looks of the picture I would say those shoes are a bit big for you -- there's too much gap at the back of the heel. Although if they stay on and you like them, who's to say? Sometimes fit is as much a matter of preference as it is measurements. That's a nice classic pump and it is not pricey at all. There's a lot of folks around here who would like to know they run a bit big -- (bigfeets like me who would normally look for 12's). As far as taking them back, if they ask just say "she said they were too big". Most of the barriers exist between our ears.

Have a happy time!

Thank you all so much for the advice and support! After walking around the apartment a bit, I think I will try taking them back as I like them so much I want the best fitting pair. It seems like there's just too much space all around. And if the 10's don't fit right, I might just chalk it up to experience and try something else. (and I did have a cushion I tried. It was in for the picture and it helped, but not a ton.) Thanks again, I'll report back once I've had the chance to try another. ;-)

Took the shoes back today, didn't have any problems there, and worked my courage up to hit the shoe section again. Thankfully there wasn't anyone in that area today. The 10's do fit much better, but they only had a lone right shoe in navy, so I left empty handed.

I almost did, but if I order something online I think it'd be these Pigalle copycats. I've been eying them for months and months. The 5" heel and just the general shape of them are pretty amazing. Just not sure I want to spend that much money yet. To tide myself over, I got some of these on clearance.

I almost did, but if I order something online I think it'd be these Pigalle copycats. I've been eying them for months and months. The 5" heel and just the general shape of them are pretty amazing. Just not sure I want to spend that much money yet. To tide myself over, I got some of these on clearance.

watts,

The Hottie's are still my favourite looking heels, you can get them a little cheaper than that, have a look at sexyshoes.com, I think they're on sale there at the moment.

Spiker.