knees bent forward...

vroon_saskia

Hello, A quick but serious question. Today i tried on pair of high heeled pumps, that i had walked on in the past. But today when standing and walkig in them tend to bent my knees forward. So i couldn't straight my leg in otherwords. Any of you is familiar with this? In my opinion those heels where just to high for me this time. Ending up walking with my knees bent forward, and that's a good way to get very sore. Not to mention looking rather strange! :-( I think there was just not enough room in the ankle joint to do all the work, so my knee had to take over? My question is, when you recogize this situation: What is best to do... First walk more on some lower heels, or just keep using these from time to time, and try to "stretch" my muscles/ankles more this way? Thanks for any responses on this one. Greetings, Saskia

Allow me to answer your question with more questions :thumbsup: How high are the heels that you have been strugging with? How long ago was it that you last wore them? I assume you didn't have problems with your legs being bent previously? What height heels do you normally walk in? How much time do you spend in heels? I had a pair of 9" shoes with 2" platforms and struggled at first walking like you describe but it got easier in time. It wouldn't surprise me if it was just ligaments needed coaxing into position or something like that. If you are struggling with 6" and normally wear 4" (for example) it might be worth bridging the gap with 5" heels and then moving up to 6". You will probably still have bent legs at first but eventually you should be OK.

Hi, thanks for the reply, seen many people reading this thread, but no one replied till now/you :thumbsup:

How high are the heels that you have been strugging with?

It happend when trying on pumps with 11,5cm heels, i think that would be 4,5"?

How long ago was it that you last wore them?

Almost one year ago.

I assume you didn't have problems with your legs being bent previously?

That is correct, but haven't been in heels for almost a year, but before that i could wear these without bending the knees.

Other, some lower boots i can straighten my legs correctly.

What height heels do you normally walk in?

Just started again with wearing heels(boots), and today i worn 8cm height almost during the whole day.

How much time do you spend in heels?

My wish is to be able to wear almost permanentely high heels.

But for now i'm building up the wearing hours, today was a good day.

I had a pair of 9" shoes with 2" platforms and struggled at first walking like you describe but it got easier in time. It wouldn't surprise me if it was just ligaments needed coaxing into position or something like that.

Can you say that in other words or describe more what you mean?

Sorry for that but my native language isn't english and i can't translate that sentence :welcome:

If you are struggling with 6" and normally wear 4" (for example) it might be worth bridging the gap with 5" heels and then moving up to 6". You will probably still have bent legs at first but eventually you should be OK.

Yes, i agree offcoarse, just wanted to hear if other woman had also these "problems" sometimes with higher heels(as used to)

So if it happens that my knees bent on some heights, and the heels are not much higher as i used to it will disappear after some time?

I was a bit worried that i could never be able to wear the heels i used to in the past!

For this reason i opend this question/discussion.

I will see if i can take a picture of the high heels where this is all about if that would be helpfull to give further answers/replies.

Hello Saski, what is happening is normal. It will take a while for ligaments and tendons to adapt to the new heel height. You can wear the 5" heels when you are out and when you are home wear the higher heels all the time. This should speed up the process of wearing the higher heels comfortably. If you want to be permanently high heeled you may want to wear the higher heel to bed also. I can wear 6.5" heels but is still a struggle at times.

Hiya, like Franie says, it will just become easier and easier the more you wear heels. When I say about ligaments, I just mean that your legs will just adjust to wearing heels. Your legs/ankles etc become adjusted to being at a particular angle, over time it just gets easier.

Hi, thanks for reasuring that it is normal and can happen sometime.

After wearing my high heeled boots on the new years party ( http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/girls/12720-high_heels_new_years_eve.html#post194172 ) i had to give my feet some rest today!

Tommorow i will try wearing my normal daily boots on my day off.

And maybe after some hours just try on again the higher heels when i'm home, just keeping them on for just one hour orso.

About the permanently high heeled, that would be to soon for me now, but a nice goal for later on in 2009.

Wearing heels to bed, i've seen another thread about that and also posted some questions there.

( http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/girls/11627-wearing_heels_while_sleep-2.html#post193431 )

Most things seen here when searching for techniques/methods for my foot traning where more "fetish like", and no offend but have my doubts about some persons and the reason why theire here and posting things(mostly men to be honest)

The boots you wore for NYE are really nice, good choice. I wouldn't say I'm personally permanantly heeled. I will probably attract the scorn of many memebers here, but I'm often barefoot at home, wear flip flops in the summer (although normally wedged) yet find it easy to switch between 6" and nothing. 6" is as high as I can go really as my feet are totally vertical in them. I think one reason I'm good in heels is because I do a lot of dance, so that helps I think, particularly in training my legs/ankles to be bent in strange angles. Who knows, that could help you too? I agree HHPlace can be quite fetishy in places, I'm more into the fashion side of heels rather than any other aspect, and there are a lot of other members here who are the same.

• 3 months later...

Hello all!

I feel much more confidenced on heels nowadays!

So things are getting better and excercise and training helped alot! :silly:

Almost on the "level" i was used to be about 1,5 year ago.

Upcoming Easter Weekend i have some family "party's" with diner, etc.

I will wear pumps then, great to be able wear them again.:winkiss:

See attached picture of them.

http://www.hhplace.org/girls/568-heels_home-5.html#post204559