I have a convert!

squirrelheels

Ok, so not a male one... I'm working on him slowly... But one of my college friends (female) went out this weekend and bought some gorgeous black 4 inch blade heel ankle boots from New Look for a mere £15, after me telling her she ought to try heels... They're really nice... she's the same size feet as me, which is great. I tried them on in Starbucks earlier and they are SO comfortable. I'm gonna see about getting myself a pair... They do have a hard heel tip, and hence a click when walking, so I'll have to overcome my paranoia complex before I wear them to college! But they're so nice.... I think I might borrow them for a day to see how I like them! :lol: SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

As you are still a teenager I guess you could get away with buying in New Look, and you have the advantage that you already tried them on and know what size you want. However it is quite a male-unfriendly place if you are over your early 20s, you tend to stick out otherwise. It seems that most of the customers are between 11 and 20 (though some are with parents), and most of the staff are between 16 and 24. No chance of trying something on in that environment, unless you went shopping with a group of girls. Well done on the conversion, I wonder what style she got, and how long she will continue in heels? Were they in their sale, or the normal price?

New Look had some amazing sandals late in 2001 with nearly a 5.5 inch square heel. They sold out before I got back in to buy some. I saw only a few teenagers with those on, most were struggling with such a very high heel; they only seemed to be around for a short while, so most seem to have given up trying, quite quickly. This year there are thousands of girls wearing pointy 4-inch+ heel ankle boots; seems to be an overwhelming fashion trend. Dozens spotted in less than 10 minutes last Saturday afternoon in town.

Hi SH, good progress there, it's nice to have somebody your age you can share your interests for shoes with, especially somebody from the opposite sex. If you ever have your own pair and happen to wear them when she wears hers I'll garantee you an imense kick. During my life I sometimes bougth identical heels as my partners and found wearing those together the most pleasurable moments. Whats also great is go shopping with her insisting she wears her heels while you just wear something unisex. Walk at a fast pace and long stretches so she will start complaining about not being able to follow in her heels. Be a gentlemen and offer to swap shoes for the remaining of the trip. Girls do it all the time, why would we not share those pleasures? Have fun, Luc

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I can't say that I've had any problems in our local New Look store, although the newer staff do look twice when they see a bloke wearing heels. These days the only place I seem to get whispered remarks behind my back comes from garages after I've been in to find out when they can fit my car in, but that's a different topic :lol: It does help if you have tried someone else's boots first, but then you still run the risk that you get the pair that they mis-sized. Always try before buying if at all possible!

I don't think there will ever be male fashion "converts" at the moment, they probably will need some previous motivation.

I would disagree. I've already had one of my male college friends trying on my 3 inch wedges, and he's shown an interest in getting some New Rock boots with heels on. Unfortunately, as they were from the women's range, they didn't have them in his size. He's also very much up for cross dressing for the Rocky Horrow show in a couple of months time (even though his Mum and Aunt and cousin are coming along as well as us), which he knows will involve heels.

SH

Oh well good luck with it. Tell us when one of your mates regularly appears in 4 inch heels after your lead, when previously he wore nothgn but trainers. I'll buy you a beer (or two!) when it happens. I don't have any problems in New Look and I'm in my late 30's. Just go over to the shoes and try on what you want. Try on other stuff if you so chose, it's no big deal.

Oh well good luck with it. Tell us when one of your mates regularly appears in 4 inch heels after your lead, when previously he wore nothing but trainers. I'll buy you a beer (or two!) when it happens.

You're on! I don't drink beer though... perhaps some other pleasantly alcoholic beverage? :drinking:

I reckon I can get him at least vaguely interested during the time he's not drooling over the latest piece of computer equipment he's spent money on that he shouldn't be spending.... :lol:

SH