Summer heels

squirrelheels

This time of year is perfect for the heels wearers amongst us who like to keep the heels covered up... I'm included in that. My clothing today was a pair of extra long bootcut jeans, my 5in chunky loafers, a long sleeved t-shirt, a short sleeved t-shirt, a jumper, a fleece and a scarf! (It was cold - I hate cold mondays!) I'm of the paranoid type... I don't like to let my heels show. As such, I've set myself the challenge of wearing my 5in loafers all week to college, to see how I cope mentally of constantly having the risk of all being exposed. As the weeks goes on, I may become less paranoid... If I haven't managed it by the end of this week, I'll do it again next week until I'm totally comfortable (mentally) wearing them, whether people see em or not... But what do I do in the summer?! Whilst in the winter I risk momentary exposure when I sit down or walk up stairs, but in the summer, exposure would be constant... I'm of the type who feels the heat, so my normal attire in those warm months that Britain sees so many of is below-the-knee shorts and a short sleeved t-shirt... how can I incorporate heels into this casual summer style without getting paranoid about it?! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

You could wear a big sign that removes all doubt that may be in anyone's mind, "I wear high heels because...."! I have actually thought of doing this, or something like it (a custom bumper sticker, or an embroidered jeans jacket, perhaps?). :lol:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

hahaha :lol: that's not a bad idea... I think I may just go with the option of not hiding my heels with my jeans at all and see how that goes first! Then I might consider shorts with heels...! I'll need some sandals first though! SH

I'm sure you can find lightweigth long and wide summerslacks to wear with heeled sandals untill you get the confidence to wear them exposed.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I can only say that I currently work as a high-school teacher, and the rest of the surrounding people have to live with me wearing 2" front / 4-5" heel plat sandals or my 4" heel cork wedges when the weather allows. Still I have good attendance at(to?) my classes (the heels maybe??? :lol: ) and no harsh words from the admins, so I'll keep it up. Currently it is only a few female teachers who have contacted me privately and asked how I can stand :( wearing HH shoes/boots for a whole day without suffering... My best advice to them has been that first you look for a good look, then you also make sure it is a good fit. TallSwede

Wow. Sounds like you have more guts than me! I guess it's different in Sweden than in the UK... more open minds... but I will give it a shot nonetheless. I think noisy heels is the next step for me, as well as wearing slightly shorter jeans so as to show the heel when standing up/walking. SH

-I hope that my aftermath would say something like that I was more "otherwiseless" than "brainless" (-Well you can always hope; -Or? :( ) I mean, consider the number of people *needing* glasses and because of that getting harassed... (Like me since five years of age, but the abusive people were immediately *very* harshly retaliated upon by myself, so they quickly dwindled to nothing when they found out that some items *were* a big "no-no" with the otherwise "invisible" "classmate" got irritated enough...) -So use whatever footwear *you* desire! -Just be prepared for whatever questions may arise and give a (preferably nasty but) nonabusive reply whenever asked! -Fact is that my coffee drinking habits apparently are more widely discussed than my footwear at the school :lol: . I drink a large teacup every hour (with *no* stomach problems at all, thank you) which have been more of an interesting topic than my totally obvious footwear, as reported by several "interviewed" people during my stay at the place... -I mean, you get known as the guy with "the forever empty coffee cup" while wearing 4"+ HH's... -What does this tell you??? TallSwede

I suppose I could wear my t shirt which quotes Deuteronomy 6 verse 5 in bright green text as a distraction... I mean it states in no uncertain terms "Love God" in bright green, so methinks that might cause some sort of distraction away from the heels. Perhaps? SH

Squirrelheels , -You have by that T-shirt indirectly rights to (also) carry around the (In Swedish) Family Bible (having a weight of 15-20KG/30-40pounds) under your arm... :lol: The pupils who *do not respect the grace of God" needs to have it manifested into them -Or? So purport to "bang" the information into their heads with more mundane and/or glorious tools, if needed... Then check the reaction 15min's later before taking a further step... :( -Considering your heels, they must be a low level argument compared to what your pupils tried to get away with. -I am too tired this evening to make a coherent reply, considering the rest of this message, so I apologize and hope that others might followup and give you support. A very tired, and exhaustned, goodnight, TallSwede

Well, Squirrelheels, the summer slacks idea is a good one. Of course, you could always rely on the fact that everyone will be used to your shoes by the summer (3rd week of June, if I remember correctly - drat this country) and just go for it! And I saw a car sticker the other week which said 'I dress this way to p155 you off' - oh, was I tempted to get that :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Squirrelheels ,

-I am too tired this evening to make a coherent reply, considering the rest of this message, so I apologize and hope that others might followup and give you support.

A very tired, and exhaustned, goodnight,

TallSwede

Yeah, I noticed the incoherance....! :(

But you do have a point... I'd seriously question anybody's mind if they have more of a problem with the heels than with the t-shirt! But then I can't wear the t-shirt all the time! Ewwwww! Smelly! :):lol:

SH