heel shopping experience

winny

my girlfriend and i were shopping at nordstrom's last chance late last week. we both tried out some very nice heels and boots (at very deep discounted prices). after a while she moved on to pants and dresses. as i kept trying on heels and boots, a lady (around mid 30's) walked up to me and suggested a very nice pair of boots. i think she noticed my girlfriend and i trying on heels and boots earlier. well the boots were nice, but were too narrow. i thanked her for the suggestion and kept on shopping. i'm pretty sure that other people saw me trying on heels, but none seemed to mind... it felt really nice that people saw me as another human being instead of some freak.

Winny:-) It's really great to have another person with you when you shop for heels. Especially if it is a female. Makes for much enjoyment and great fun doing things together, doesn't it? Welcome and enjoy your stay here among many friends world-wide. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

that happened to me today when i stopped at a shoe show and tried on some high heeled boots and a few pairs of heels, the guy working there got all wide eyed when he seen me trying them on. i put them on and walked around the store it was just me and him in there. he just asked me if i needed any help but when he seen my trying on heels he never bothered me again

Oh yeah I love to see the deer in the headlight look also. We are not hurting anyone with our footwear choice so I say let them look wide eyed and we will keep on enjoying our high heels.

I have found that reactions to me trying on heels in the store come in three categories:

1) Cold and disapproving - this typically comes from men and older women - they avoid helping at all costs and simply don't want you in there store. This often makes me linger a bit longer, largely because I am just that kind of guy.

2) Shock an curiosity - as you put it "deer in headlights" - clerks keep their distance, ask if you want help, but do not come too close. In some instances, I have seen clerks sneaking around to try to catch a glimpse and giggling. This is a reaction that I have gotten in self service stores mainly.

3) Very helpful and friendly - I usually get this reaction in department stores and boutiques - the clerks go out of their way to help, even offering suggestions and making conversation. Usually these stores are staffed with younger or at least fashion forward female staff.

Of course, there are many factors that go into these categories and they are quite general. I have had excellent service from older woman, men, etc. while had younger women turn their nose up to me and ignore me, so there is no hard fast rule of what to expect. I just go about my business and try them on.

Style is built from the ground up!

Winny; First off WELCOME to our little corner of the world. Thank you for sharing this little outing with us. Two things come to mind when trying on heels in the store, 1) You don't have to take them back cause they don't fit. 2) You get to enjoy others reactions of a guy trying on and wearing heels. btw.. The girl you are with is a keeper if she really likes you in heels.

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS