Masculine or feminine?

stellah

Many people tend to think that the heel height is th main factor for making the difference between men's and women's footwear. I'm glad to think otherwise, since there are plenty of "non-female" footwear which are suitable foe men even around more conservative people, for example

Posted Image

5 inch heel, 1 1/2 platform

or these:

Posted Image

3 inch high heel

Compare to:

Posted Image

2 1/2 inch stiletto heel

So what makes the difference? Mostly the heel shape and the toe shape, isn't it? There are boots with no heel (OK: 1 inch) but look really feminine... some other "tank-type" robust boots have 4-5 inch heel that look quite unisex.

So a suggestion to newbie shy wearers: start with normal heel height boots (2-3 inches) but more robust ones - later gradually changing it to more elegant styles won't be a problem :lol:

HH forever!

:( I can not understand why females can wear male attire without any problem but...males can not wear female clothing without being considered gays. I remember that by 1960´s, when females began (again) to wear boots, they had to listen to many people making jokes about them. Now...we guys have to have the same guts to begin to wear a few feminine...sandals by example. :lol:

I quite agree, Stellah. I must admit, tho', while I love the challenge of walking in stiletto boots, I think they're quite 'dressy' for me. I'd wear chunkier hh boots more, if I could :lol: and save the spikes for nights out. I've just bought a nice pair of boots from Barratts, in a UK9, with a nice chunky heel, for all-day wear (as and when!) As I may have mentioned elsewhere, I'd put wedges in the acceptable on men category, as they're a bit more stealthy. I also have a pair or two similar to your third example, and somehow they do seem 'girlier' but I'd never really thought about it before.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

• 3 weeks later...

Good advice.

Start with what you are confident with and move towards more elegant styles. The most important thing is to walk with confidence in what you are wearing.

I was told when doing presentations that the most important thing is not falling over. You can always fake the confidence, but pretending that you meant to fall over might be tricky :lol:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"