First time Thigh boots

taliheels

Some advice please - buying some thigh boots for first time -for size 5 (wide foot and calfs) -what size thigh boots would be okay?- i have seen 7.5 would these be fine or too big?.Main priority is they need them to be easy to squeeze into :o

You have two very different issues here; shoe size and calf and thigh width. Your shoe size would be the same as normal (if I read it right, you are a UK 5 (men) then UK 7 for women should be correct; going up a half size to 7.5 or one full size to 8 for very high heels is okay).

Now, understand that there may be no correlation between calf/thigh widths and the shoe size although they may increase as the shoe size increases. The widths vary greatly by manufacturer. If you are buying these on e-bay or other mail order type of things, ask the seller what the calf width and thigh widths are in your size!

If you are buying from a store without trying them on, make sure they have a refund policy or you'll be stuck!

It's all about the heel!

Something a bit odd here. UK male and female shoe sizes are nominally identical. For example I usually take UK9 in both mens and womens shoes. Of course sizing does vary, espeically with higher heels where you may need to go up a size.

The 2 size difference is between UK and US womens. So UK7 is usually equated to US9 womens.

Boots add the complication of ankle, calf (and thigh) sizes. I have thin legs and find most boots too wide though this can be fixed by a good shoe repairer.

Make sure you know whether you are buying UK or US sizes. Better still is to try them on first.