High Heeled Training Diary #45

Laurieheels

I am sitting in front of my computer, with a sore neck and a headache. I have had it all day, likely the result of a very poor sleep. I may keep this brief then. For the week, lots of stiletto wearing, the most on any given day, fifteen hours. It was Thursday as I remember. This included Christmas shopping which meant a lot of walkiing. Of course, my feet were fine at the end of it all. Hot, but otherwise in good shape. My subject is going to be about driving, as I have a wonderful new car. More speficially, driving in heels. I know that there is a whole area of the shoe and foot fetish webspace that deals with peddle pumping. Personally, I cannot imagine what the thrill is. The excitement of driving the car should be far more enjoyable that seeing a foot press the peddle, even if in stiletto heels. But maybe the fetish aspect comes from a perceived difficulty in wearing such shoes for driving. However, I do not know where that difficulty resides. I have driven a great deal in stiletto heels. I have always driven just as well as if I were to wear flat shoes. My reaction time has never been hindered, but that does relate to the fact that I rest my foot a different way than if I were wearing my Reeboks. I find that I need to rest the heel along the floor, and rather than pivoting on the heel of my foot, or the shoe, I am moving my foot at both the knee and ankle a bit more than normal. In flat shoes, the ankle does most of the work by pivoting the top of the foot so more pressure is applied to the peddle. This pivot point does not work with heels unless one tries to pivot at the end of the heel tip. To counter this, I need some ankle movement, and then to push with my entire leg, not just my foot. Of course, the muscle power used for this is quite minimal. The idea for proper driving, then, is to combine some ankle motion with more activity in the leg to compensate for some loss of ankle power. After some time, it becomes instinct, and the difference in driving with heels is not even noticed. I had to sit in my chair and practice in order to try and remember how I do this when I am driving. So it is possible to drive well in heels, just as well as wearing flats. The key, of course, is to pay attention. Hands on the wheel, eyes watching, ears listening... if you are prepared, then any concerns about reaction time reduction from a pair of stiletto heels is not a real factor. Gee, that felt like a lecture.

Hi Laurie, I couldn't have explained it better and concur with you on all points. By the way, platforms don't cause problems either and I never understood why driving schools and police officers make such a fuss over footwear type when driving cars, yhey for sure have a lot less experience as we have on the subject.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I can see someone making a fuss, but some male police officer giving me trouble can ask me to step out of the car. When I swing my fishnet stocking covered legs out, and place my five inch black patent stilettos on the ground and stand up, is he going to think "how inappropriate for driving" or will he think "wow". Of course, I would not use my feminine charms as a weapon against a police officer, oh no. Logic, reason and polite conversation are it. I save the weapons of a feminine nature to use on Chris. :lol: It's more fun that way, and so much more rewarding for both of us.

Hello Laurie

I just thought I would let you know that I have read through your diaries, and they make thoroughly enjoyable and interesting reading. I look forward to reading more.

I hope you keep up the writing, and continue to enjoy life with Chris and the new car and, of course, the high heels.

Stephen