High Heeled Training Diary #44

Laurieheels

To avoid being boring, I figure I'll dispense with the day to day and just comment on a specific point in the week. I did have a lot of time in five inch heels over the course of the week, and I am developing a new weapon, an intentional strut I can use when I really need it. It isn't something I walk with all of the time, as it is obvious that I am doing it for effect. There are still times when subtle is best. And the new car is just wonderful. Since picking it up just over a week ago, I have not had to fill up the tank. And this includes a fair bit of driving. I think this car will serve me well. And it looks great. Now to be able to make the payments! However, the really important part of the diary is Saturday night. This was when my sisters and I, and one of our friends, went to their company Christmas party. First, a report on the shoes. Now, I don't really focus on shoes a good deal when I am not the one wearing them. I give a glance, usually notice that the heels are no where as high as mine, and forget about them. But lately, I have been trying to observe more, and find out what the trends are. Now, a formal party such as this is a wonderful place to find out the footwear fashion pulse. For thin heels, stiletto and post and similar styles, there was not a one over three inches that I could see. There is one style I think we need a name for, and I am going to suggest rapier. It isn't quite a blade, because it tapers and gets thinner, and while being very thin from the side view, it is still wider across the back, not at all stiletto like. That rapier heel seems to be the highest, but not the most common. Blades and blocks still predominate amongst the younger women. The women in their thirties and older are wearing the narrow heels, but the height is as I stated above. And for those girls with thicker heels who were around four inches, the shoes had a platform. At least an inch. Sometimes more. Very ugly looking platforms at that. When a dress is going to cover most of one's shoes, a thick platform is not flattering. Now, When leaving I did see a girl from another party walk past, she had on a pair of shoes with a five inch heel... and a two inch platform. They looked nice, but it is still cheating, so it doesn't count. And despite the shoes, she still seemed absolutely tiny! And as an aside, I cannot figure out this new fashion trend for the young girls, that appears to be a very nice knee length dress, sometimes longer, but it looks like pants are worn underneath. Fashion designers, can you not make up your minds? As for myself, well, I remain that high heeled goddess, alone at the top in a pair of five inch stilettos, no platform, and strutting with intention throughout the party. And if that seems common place for me, then, you should know that I did a bit of dancing. First three songs in a row, then another four a short time later. All in stiletto heels, all high energy songs (the last set had some BeeGees, ABBA, "AND" the Grease Megamix, how can one not get out and dance?)(I guess that shows when I grew up). After all, it is not just about wearing heels, it is about wearing them well. I think I proved that I can do it all, in the highest heels, a short black dress, and I know that in two weeks, if all goes well, Chris can have a wonderful replay of that. The rest of you can be envious, because I doubt he'll want to share any of the pictures. You may have to beg him. And even then, he's the only one who gets to see me in action. I really like that.