bad weather and wearing boots

alicia

The gray skies, the filthy snow banks, the slushy salt all over my suv. Nice weather huh… Everyday, before I go to work I must visit this coffee shop for my favour break. I pull over on the side of the road, jump out of my suv, I step out of the car and look down realize my expensive leather knee boots just landed in a half-inch of frozen slush. I am going to sustain some serious white salt stains on my boots but those butter soft leather inner lining really keep my feet warm. Each step I intentionally dig my 5” metal stiletto heels on the icy road for a good anchor since those are leather soles. Eventually I made it to the coffee shop, look down at my boots are already covered with muddy slush and white salt stain. NO WAY! I love my boots and they are part of my business outfits. As I walk into the coffee shop, I look for anything available on the floor for my boots to wipe on. I jump on this clean dry carpet wipe my bootsoles on it few times before I take my seat. This weather, the poor janitor will be very busy to clean the floor and change the carpet. This shoe shine guy already spot me since I get out of my suv, he would ask me if I need my boot shine. I get my coffee and finally I can sit down crossing my bootlegs and relax reading my magazine while he kneels on the floor besides my boots and starts working. First he uses a little brush to remove the grits and salt accumulated on the gap between the leather soles and the leather, then use warm water and soft cloth to wipe my boots few times until the dirts are completely removed from the leather and dry. Next step is applying shoe polish for the whole boots, he has to be careful not to mess my stocking. Buffing with the dry kiwi cloths, my boots come to shine again. Last step is the boot soles, I simply rise my ankle and allow him to work on my boot sole as I crossing my bootlegs . He then uses the brush, warm water and cloth to clean the leather sole. When one boot is done, I uncross and cross my bootlegs to let him work on other. For a good boot polishing, it will take an hour. I must say I really enjoy it, its just like massage very addictive.

Boot me up, Boot me down