High Heeled Training Diary #36

Laurieheels

In Canada, this is thanksgiving weekend. Work is giving me time off for once, I actually will have a holiday free of work tomorrow. This is good news, which we will get to... Last Monday, it seems like a blur, far away, but I can try and remember. I drove to work, I know I wore five inch heels, they had to be the black velvets. I love those shoes. They can pick up a bit of dust and lint, but they take abuse better than a patent finish, certainly. And they are easier to repair. It was a typical day, maybe ten hours. Tuesday I had the day off. I didn't do much except for some sleeping and cleaning, so I wore my four and a quarter inch ankle boots when I did have to go out. They're comfortable, functional, and being leather, they handle whatever I throw at them. Wednesday had me back in my velvet stilettos, but after arriving at my mother's place for a quick visit before I went off to work, I fell ill, and I called in sick. I looked good, with a short skirt, stockings, and those stiletto pumps, but it was a shame that I was not feeling well and that I needed to avoid work that day to recover. After all, looking good should be shared with the world sometimes... Thursday I was back to work, still a bit ill here and there, but not to the point of being unable to work. I had walked to work in Reeboks and I wore my black velvet stilettos again. They really are great shoes to wear. I only needed them for about nine hours, however. Friday was a strange day. It was snowing when I woke up. On Thursday my sister and I suspected our car was broken, since a large cloud of smoke came from the engine when I started it in the morning. So I was forced to walk on Friday despite it being a rather early shift. I wore my Reeboks, thinking that the weather called for something flat, but that was a mistake. My boots would have fared much better, as the Reeboks quickly clogged up in the treads with the wet and slushy snow falling from the sky. I wore my four and a quarter inch heeled boots to go home. My feet were happy enough when I arrived at the apartment. And it was easier since I had switched into those boots for work. All I was required to do was walk out the door at the end of the day. The boots are not the best for ice, but I have good balance and I managed to choose my steps carefully. So on Saturday morning, I walked to work again, in the ankle boots. Now this makes the walk a bit longer, from 22 minutes to about 30 minutes, and it does wear down the heel tips quite a bit faster than I would like. Overall, I had about twelve hours in those boots that day, which involved a good deal of walking. I had Reeboks with me, just in case, but I did not need them. Today is Sunday, a restful day, and I may spend it barefoot. I have a number of things to do, and it feels as if there is little time to do them. But I will overcome, as always. Now, two things. The first being, there are new shoes. Sent to me as a gift from a reader, I really do enjoy them. They are black leather stilettos, with a heel that is almost five and a half inches in height. I have not measured them yet, but they appear to be around that mark. I have not worn them at work yet, as I still need to wear them at home a bit more to "work" them in. The second issue is one alluded to in the first few sentences of this week's diary. My company has upgraded my status, which eternally frees me from the rare threat of working on a Sunday, as well as ensuring that most holidays are now days off, not days worked. The nature of my job will not change, but paid vacations are a nice perk I need to aim for quite soon. :smile: It is a promotion in a way, but it is not anything that gives me more authority than I have already assumed with the company's blessing, or more responsability. It is very much like a reward for me, and I do appreciate it. So it was a good week. I may be a bit later in posting next week's diary, I will be, well, suitably distracted all weekend long. Let's leave it at that. I am not sure what will make it into the diary, but we'll see... and Chris, we need a camera!