Too short or too narrow?

scitex104

Here's my dilema. According to the length of my foot I should be wearing something around a women's size 11, and for sandals and sneakers that seems to work just fine. However, it seems like every pair of pumps and boots squash my little toes. That goes for pointy as well as clasically styled pumps. I've tried a couple size 12 shoes but the same thing seems to happen and my heel has flopped out on a few occasions. Should I be looking more at size 12 shoes with a heel pad and maybe something to keep my foot from sliding foreward or would an 11 wide be more what I need? My big toe seems to be just fine so it makes me think that the length isn't so much the problem and I have size 11 sneakers the fit perfectly.

I have the same problem, either the toe box is too tight or my little toe joint distorts the shape of the shoe. Size 12 or UK 9 is too insecure.

My mentor, Firefox (god bless him), commanded " buy only leather" and use a shoe stretcher and streching spray. I even made one of his designs.

I'm using stretcher in the url below at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deluxe-Wooden-Ladies-Shoe-Stretcher/dp/B000WOH6MO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/026-2077054-3563621?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1194037724&sr=8-1

Finally if stretching doesn't work then consign the shoes to the "museum" rather than damage your feet.

So what's all the fuss about?

scitex104

Memory foam?

The kind of stuff that they make tempurpedic beds out of. To me it's more comfortable to have the area under the arch of the foot filled with something. It seems to provide a little extra support but also will squash down to nothing under the ball of the foot so that my foot still fits in the shoe.

scitex104 I'm seriously interested. The sexiest and may I say "erotic" shoes I ever had was a mule put pressure under the arch and I've never experienced another shoe like it, unfortunatlety the heel broke. Do you have a URL? But I agree a good support under the heel will reduce the pressure on the toes.

So what's all the fuss about?

http://www.foamdistributing.com/products/memoryfoam5.html

The stuff I got today was from a local foam store, but this is similar stuff. I'm still experimenting with how best to use it, but it seems promising. Another thing I did one time was to make a plaster copy of my feet totally on my tip toes. I used them as forms for some fiberglass arch supports. They made the pair of 4" heels I had into something like the "super arch" ones that Dior had a few years ago or what arch enemys sells. They made the heels super comfortable but my heels kept slipping out. I wrapped an ace bandage around each shoe and that solved the problem. Not practical for going out but I only wore them around the house anyway. They were so comfortable that I would dare to say it was like wearing flats. No pain after hours and totally stable.