Anyone thinking of buying a pair of ballets. Now is the time.

Richy

Sometime in the next week would be a good time.

I've just paid £70 for a pair of knee length devious ballets which are £149 in Alternative Footwear.

Sub-Shop.com are having a 30% off sale, which combined with the strength of the dollar against the pound makes them very cheap. It is supposed to end this week. You simply put in discount code ThankYou when ordering for 30% off your order.

Ballet shoes go for about £35, ankle boots £50, Knee length £70 and PVC thigh boots with lacing and zip for under £90.

http://www.sub-shop.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=33

PS. I have no connection with the company other than being a very satisfied past customer.

If you're in the UK... make sure you know how much import duty you're paying, and make sure if they ship in multiple boxes that the value of *each box* is on the outside of that box, rather than the total consignment value being on each box. I had to pay the total (miscalculated) duty twice on one shipment because the boxes got separated in transit... ended up being over 30%. Also note that the Post Office are judge and jury on this one. They will hold your shipment until you pay whatever Customs decided was the appropriate value - plus the fee to the Post Office for collecting it. There is no appeal against incorrectly assessed fees, charges, duties or anything else -you just have to pay, or lose the shipment. (Yes, I have ordered from Sub Shop; yes, they do some good quality kit; yes, I have been bitten by the import duties)

I've now left HHPlace. Feel free to use the means listed in my profile if you wish to contact me.