Devious Ballets vs Fifty-6 Platforms

HH_addicted

Today I got my Devious Ballets ... same size as my Fifty-6 platforms and I must say both fit rather good but the Devious are pointed and I can't reach the front and I still have space at the heel....

Pictures:

Devious:

http://www.pleaserusa.com/pic/ballet-1025-ble.jpg (haven't made a picture of mine yet)

Fifty-6:

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/59/5585759/400_6165353936333832.jpg

Should I go a size smaller... I fear then the DEvious will be too narrow...

Well I also ordered some cushions for the ballet boots toebox from "blicker" in Hamburg and hopefully these will help.

Atm I can't stand quite good in the devious but I have tons off heel and almost no toe and my ankle really is stressed... I worked on stretching my ankle the last few days and it worked cause:

I took some steps in my fifty-6 Ballets! I can almost straighten my legs... but not really and not for a long time... the pain in my ankles just is too much to take and I don't want to hurt myself :smile:

So far so good...

Just to keep you informed.

and btw... I can do rather goo in my 5.5 heels right now as the "Ballet training" is strenghening my ankles and making it easier to keep a good balance.

I think the ballet boots are made with the intention of adding a little stuffing in the toe area. I think, if it wasn't for my weight, that I could tie mine up with the heel snug at the back and I would be able to stand with the toes not touching and no pressure. But alas... I can't do that. And now, my knee has been bugging me so my heels wearing has gone down until I can sort it out.

I just laced mine as you descirbed and I have around 2cm of space between my toe and the front part of the shoe (that are around 0.8 inches for our US members) SO I really consider taking a size smaller but I fear they will run too small and too narrow for me then... I need something to strengthen the front part... either with an insert or something like that or some good pads in there...

The inserts arrived... foam with some stronger padding on the toe... but still abit much room so I reinforced them with aluminum foil to get a snug tight fit and now standing is possible... not with straight legs but yet I can stand without too much pain in the toes... as soon as I get my ankle trained it will for sure workout. What I found is that walking in those shoes is not difficult... it is almost impossible... not only is keeping balancea problem but the sole is sliding on the floor so good as soon as I loose balance a bit and the shoe is tilting abit it starts to skid sideways... Whatever... right now these shoes say: "You are goin' nowhere!"