tips for dancing in boots

alicia

I have been ballroom dancing for about long time and some of my gfs find dancing in high heeled boots with minimal padding very tiring, especially if they dancing for a long time, and I experience the same, especially when breaking into a new pair of leather boots Lately I have been wearing a dress with a knee length hemline and a pair of gorgeous knee high boots with 5 inch heel and inside the boots I put a pair of thicker padding. I find this way, I can dance a lot longer without getting tired. It really helps. Also, it's good idea to rest your bootlegs on a pillow liked cushion when taking a break, it helps the circulation on my legs, becuae I am not taking my boots off.

• Like 1

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 3 years later...

I have been ballroom dancing for about long time and some of my gfs find dancing in high heeled boots with minimal padding very tiring, especially if they dancing for a long time, and I experience the same, especially when breaking into a new pair of leather boots

Lately I have been wearing a dress with a knee length hemline and a pair of gorgeous knee high boots with 5 inch heel and inside the boots I put a pair of thicker padding. I find this way, I can dance a lot longer without getting tired. It really helps.

Also, it's good idea to rest your bootlegs on a pillow liked cushion when taking a break, it helps the circulation on my legs, becuae I am not taking my boots off.

What is your favorite ballroom dance?

Do you wear dancers pantyhose or thick socks in your boots for extra padding when dancing to offset the very high heel?

I know this is going off topic slightly from Heidi's post, but I remember in my teenage years going out in my first pair of lace up stiletto knee boots and discovering that I really enjoyed dancing. I'd never really liked it up to that point, and only danced to be polite, if the people I was with wanted to, but once I was in high heeled boots I was off to the races. There's someting about your posture, and feeling good about the way you look that makes it much more enjoyable. I don't do any fancy ballroom styles, but I still get a lot of pleasure out of it once in a while. I've just realised that anyone reading my posts will probably think I'm obsessed with boots. I do have other things going on in my life, honest! But life's so much better with a decent pair of boots on. It's a shame I've only got two feet and can only wear one pair at once. Alexa

Yes, I suppose my dancing style would be described as shuffling and jiggling too! The other thing platform boots are very good for is going to see live music. I can see over the heads of the crowd in a way I never could with flats on. You'd be a bit unsteady for energetic moshing, but usually I'm there to enjoy the show, which is much easier if I can actually see! Alexa

Yes, I suppose my dancing style would be described as shuffling and jiggling too! The other thing platform boots are very good for is going to see live music. I can see over the heads of the crowd in a way I never could with flats on. You'd be a bit unsteady for energetic moshing, but usually I'm there to enjoy the show, which is much easier if I can actually see!

Alexa

Alexa, if mosh pits are where you go during concerts, wouldn't sneakers or steel toe construction footwear be more inline with your needs as opposed to platforms?

Ah, Heidi, that's exactly my point! I wouldn't want to do any vigorous dancing, especially not the kind where you collide into each other, when I'm wearing high shoes. I try and find a place where I can stand and watch the show where people aren't going to crash into me. I have had a few tumbles where people have danced into me at live events, but fortunately everyone's been very good natured and willing hands have hauled me upright again! So no harm was done. Alexa

The clubbing scene & ballroom scene are not that different in that if it is a packed dance floor, accidental contact does occur. Most females are wearing heels although at clubs, boots tend to be more common then shoes and leather boots offer protection. For ballroom dances, high heel sandals are popular and most survive the rigours of crowded dance floors too although the change of injuries does increase