High Heeled Training Diary #29

Laurieheels

My camping trip in runners was, well, a good trip, but it really takes the steam out of being a high heeled goddess. On Monday, when my sister and I went to do the massive amounts of laundry from camping and the week leading up to it, I had to wear my four inch stiletto sandals. Why? To make up for the weekend! I wore the shoes quite a bit that day, trying to get back into the swing of the high heeled thing. Tuesday was my mother's birthday, and of course, we three sisters had the day off to take our dear mother to lunch and make sure she was properly spoiled and pampered. I decided a long skirt would be a good choice, to hide the scrapes and bruises suffered from camping, and with that skirt, my five inch black velvet stilettos. It was another long day in those shoes, from 8:30 am until at least 8pm, I believe. We had a good deal of running around to accomplish. Wednesday was back to work, a day I had loathed in a way, working out of a different office and all. I wore a white blouse, olive green capri pants and my black four inch stiletto sandals. It was a good way to get back into work. And with my understanding that my motorcycle boy and I can only ever be friends, we went to lunch anyway, which was nice. Thursday had me back in my own office, and that called for the black velvet stilettos again. Thirteen hours in them, including my sister and I going for sushi. (okay, I live with one sister, we have an apartment, and our older sister is married). Friday I decided I should be a bit more casual and went back to the four inch sandals, and the same went for Saturday. Both days I tried to look nice but still casual, which I failed at. Oh sure I looked nice, but I never quite seem to get the casual part right. I just look good. Friday had me in black, pants and tank top, each with lace, and Saturday, a green wrap around skirt with grey and purple flowers on it, and a purple ribbed top. And I wore my four inch stiletto sandals on my walk to 7-11 for a big drink on Saturday night. It was an easy walk, really, a few blocks this way, a few blocks that way, and then the same to go home. Today being Sunday, we finally went to the Farmer's market. I wore my Reeboks, yes, because it was hot and there are a lot of people there. Having someone step on my toes is not pleasurable, so why take the chance? And it is a lot of walking. Maybe one time I will try it in heels, but I thought I would give it a pass today. I actually looked casual for once! We bought a great amount of vegetables and some fruit, and some of that is going towards a roasted chicken dinner, which I need to start very soon. I find it important to support farmers and small producers, especially when they are available in one area such as this Crossroads market. Better prices and better quality. More variety. It really does bring back some of that old world charm that we so desperately need in modern society. We lack this in North America, which is why I love going. To mingle with the people, to purchase the fresh produce, and then to go home and enjoy it... my sister and I try to buy fruit just to eat on the drive home. I really find the whole thing exciting. I find myself sticking out in this world. Do I have a place? Not really. I am a stiletto goddess, looking great, appreciating things that people pass by or take for granted, a relic maybe, or a tribute to a time now gone in our society. I cannot say what it is, but I do feel as if I stand out, but in a good way. I am an individual, and I can do amazing things in life. One of them, of course, is wearing stiletto heels as much as possible when most women feel they would not know how to wear such shoes. Here's to my personal Renaissance... may I set a new trend and have people scrambling to follow it.

Hope you find you're way back to your high heeld goddess mode;-) Well, I know that - after a longer hiking trip some time ago (several days in flats) I also needed some time to find back to my highest heels.... Joak :smile:

I find it important to support farmers and small producers, especially when they are available in one area such as this Crossroads market. Better prices and better quality. More variety. It really does bring back some of that old world charm that we so desperately need in modern society. We lack this in North America, which is why I love going. To mingle with the people, to purchase the fresh produce, and then to go home and enjoy it... my sister and I try to buy fruit just to eat on the drive home. I really find the whole thing exciting.

I fully agree. I don't have much time to go looking, and I live in a conurbation, but I do what I can in my local Asda. And I try to support small businesses, like small bookshops, and - uh - shoe shops :smile:

I find myself sticking out in this world. Do I have a place? Not really. I am a stiletto goddess, looking great, appreciating things that people pass by or take for granted, a relic maybe, or a tribute to a time now gone in our society. I cannot say what it is, but I do feel as if I stand out, but in a good way. I am an individual, and I can do amazing things in life. One of them, of course, is wearing stiletto heels as much as possible when most women feel they would not know how to wear such shoes.

Here's to my personal Renaissance... may I set a new trend and have people scrambling to follow it.

Of course you have a place in this world! You're in it! And standing out, in a good way, is great! Continue being amazing, and we'll just continue following your trend, as best we can.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I think hiking in heels would ruin a pair of shoes. The heels may get stuck in some places which could also lead to injury. I notice that my spikes already sink into the ground when I cut across grass and hit a sandy area. It's not bad, I manage it, but with the black velvet stilettos it is not easy to keep them clean! It would be a challenge, certainly. Use a pair of shoes you don't mind losing, of course. :smile:

I wouldn't recommend spikes for hiking either but see no problem with heeled trainers like my No Box ones.

Posted Image

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I wouldn't recommend spikes for hiking either but see no problem with heeled trainers like my No Box ones.

Dammm, every time I see the most different shoes, how many do you have and are there still shoes you don't have and still want ??

Hi Dexter, I never dared to count them (they are spread all over the 2 different houses) and for the wish list: look at my dream page on my website and be aware my addiction still has no limits. Every season the manufacturers bring some new styles and some I like, others I dont but this is the magic of this passion, it never bores me and I always have something to look forward to. I easily could become 100 years just browsing for shoes all over the world.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Being in a silly mood, because here it is pay day and it was good, um, Highluc, get your own diary! :smile: Heehee Don't mind me, whatever keeps the threads and the board going is fine. I hope to have a collection that fills at least one house some day. But my interests are beginning to diversify, so it may take a while...