Ankle boots Vs Knee boots as per BOOTRULE

alicia

Every woman ought to have at least one pair of boots. The question is, what style of boots do you want? Well, first we are going to divide boots into two categories: ankle boots and knee-high boots. Yes, there are indeed thigh-high boots, and they can be very fun, but they are not quite as versatile as your basic knee-high or ankle-high boots. Ankle Boots Ankle boots tend to weave their way in and out of fashion trends, year after year. So, while ankle boots are hot right now, you might remember that they were also hot in the 1980’s, and they may not be so hot again for another few decades. Nonetheless, ankle boots are still great boots, and they look great with many different outfits. Of course, since I brought up the 1980’s, I must also point out that the way a pair of ankle boots ought to be worn has changed since then. In the 1980s, it was all the rage to pair up a pair of ankle boots with a short skirt or with brightly colored socks. Today, neither of these are good looks. Keep your socks hidden well beneath the top of your ankle boots, and save your short skirts for other taller boots or shorter shoes. Let me repeat: do not wear your ankle boots with short skirts! You can, however, pair them up with a nice and long skirt. Ankle boots also look great with boot-cut jeans or skinny-leg dress pants. Basically, when you wear your ankle boots, you want to wear them with pants that are going to make your legs look their best, and these will be pants that are fitted around the calf and ankle. As far as what style of ankle boots you should get – suede, stiletto, purple, fringed, buckled, etc. – that is completely up to you. Have fun with your ankle boots. Go crazy! Knee-High Boots So, you just learned not to wear your ankle boots with a short skirt, right? Well, let me tell you that you can wear your knee-high boots with a short skirt – just do not try to wear them with a short and tight mini-skirt, unless you are trying to look like a street-roamer. Rather, choose an A-line mini skirt that does not hit higher than mid-thigh. This is still a sexy look, but it is much more sophisticated than the aforementioned look. You could also choose a fitted skirt with an above-the-knee hemline. You want to be sure that there is a gap between the top of the boots and the hem of your skirt. A mid-calf skirt also looks great with a pair of knee-high boots. Just avoid a fitted skirt – something with an A-line cut is going to be much more flattering. When you buy a pair of knee-high boots, it is important to find a pair that fits your calf well (unless you are looking for cowboy boots). If you have very skinny calves, it may be difficult to find a well-fitting boot. In this case, you may decide to buy boots that stretch. These are more likely to cling to your calves. Regardless of whether or not you buy yourself a pair of knee-high boots or ankle boots, buy yourself a pair of boots! There are so many style options that you are missing out on if you do not own at least one pair of boots. And once you do get a pair of boots, feel free to experiment. You may find that it is even OK for you to break some of the aforementioned boot “rules.” Go with whatever suits your style and your figure the best. Quote from fashion magzine Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down

• 2 weeks later...

They are really sexy boots lizzie-I like them a lot. It's knee-highs all the way for me. They are so sexy. I have no interest in ankle boots, I dont own a pair, and i don't imagine I ever will. And I think they are un-sexy!! But each to their own...

I wear high heels boots all the time, and am so much more comfortable in them. I truely love the way a pair of feminine, unbelievably high, thin stiletto heels make my legs and feet look - so utterly delicate, extremely sophisticated and unabashedly sexy. Heels improve your posture, and give a very sensual wiggly to your walk. With each diminutive step, my slim hips sway so incredibly seductively. I love all the wonderful attention I receive from everyone because of my choice of footwear. I never have to open doors or pull out a chair; men sense my glamorous predicament and assist me. I never have to walk on a puddle of mud; men would place his jackets on the ground over the dirt for me. I've been wearing high heels boots for so long that I absolutely cannot wear flats - they simply hurt when I try to walk in them. A 5 inch heel for me is actually quite normal. Wearing high heels boots all the time is actually quite an expensive extravagance, (hosiery, stocking, etc) but to me it is so worth it.

Conversations absolutely stop when I stroll into a room precariously perched atop a pair of unthinkably tall stiletto boots, and I command the undivided attention of all present. These boots aren’t about comfort; they are about boosting the feminine ego. Even many years of wearing stilettos, I still feel so powerful, and unsteady, yet enchantingly glamorous and confident of myself while wearing my boots.

I like knee high boots. They seem to be somewhat more versatile. I have my eye on these right now:

http://www.shoexotica.com/MLSGSCY/PD156850/details/516-Lexi-Black-5-Heel-Knee-High-.aspx?

Sexy, yes, but I feel i could wear to work also.

I am leaning towards high-heeled boots being okay so long as the rest of your outfit was fairly posh and conservative cashmere or tight wool turtleneck. with a not too short wool skirt.

It perhaps depends on how much you let other people influence you.

I like the skirt and think it would look great with the boots. Others will tell you that it won't or that your shouldn't wear the boots.

For me, it doesn't matter what anyone else may think. If I feel good in something, I am going to wear it and not care what anyone else may think. If you like that outfit together wear it and enjoy yourself knowing that you look and feel good!

With the right outfit I would definitely feel more confident and certainly more in control, and I do like wearing high heels boots, but isn't this true of any outfit which makes you feel good about yourself?

Boot me up, Boot me down