High Heeled Training Diary #28

Laurieheels

The diary was almost late, and I'll explain why in a bit. First, we should recap a few days from this week... Monday - I don't remember Monday, except for the shoes. Five inch black velvet stilettos. As usual they are quite comfortable and I can wear them all day if I need to, but since I walked to work and then home, it was not the case. Practicality matters at times. Tuesday was a sandal day, the fout inch black patent stilettos, perfect for showing off polished nails. Red is always an excellent choice for this. :smile: I find that I have a personal sense of satisfaction from seeing this look, and I am sure it generates some attention on other levels... :grin: Just not enough of it! Wednesday I brought the 5.5 inch black patent stilettos to work. It was a later shift for me, and I thought I would give them a try. I managed a few hours in them, but they are sized differently than the Jante pair in white. So they were only worn for a few hours, and then it was into the black velvet five inch stilettos for the remainder of my day. It is awkward when the size you wear from a particular manufacturer is a little bit smaller than you are used to. It creates problems when a girl retains water, which is no myth, and the feet are one of the places that suffer. Thursday was certainly a day for black stockings and my black velvet stilettos. The weather was not friendly... It was a very long day in those shoes, even though I was only in them for ten hours. It was the type of day at work that just screams of total chaos and looks to me to save the day. I was quite the hero-ine and everything ran smoth once I got ahold of the situation. But at the end of the day for the shoes, standing around in a bus depot to meet up with my grandfather, I suddenly realized just how much I overdress compared to the rest of society. Mind you, who dresses in five inch stilettos and a short skirt, a red top and a black PVC jacket when travelling by bus? It's obvious that most people would feel overdressed in their working clothes, or one may see my working clothes, and my presence at a bus station, and conclude that I am in some other line of work.... Dear Lord I hope that is not the case! This brings us to Friday, and the reason why this diary will be short, and the reason why it was almost delayed. Camping. Yes, this goddess needed to escape the world, and camping means a good pair of runners. Since I lack even that these days, my old Reeboks did the job. We had planned to stay until Monday, but after two cold nights that left my sister and I with sore joints in the morning, we decided that a three day camping trip was enough. I had a great time, and camping was fun. I have prepared the best steaks I have ever made, over a fire at that, and some wonderfully crispy bacon and hard boiled eggs for breakfast this morning. It is amazing what a goddess can do with some wood. She makes a fire and feeds herself and her sister! What could she do for mortals, I wonder... But the fact that our Saturday night steak feast was spoiled by bad weather only drove home the point that three days was plenty of time for our escape from society. Eating steak and corn on the cob inside of a tent during a rainy wind storm is not the best way to enjoy nature. The weather may have cleared this morning, but we decided to clean up, try fishing one more time, and go home. No, we did not catch any fish. I don't think I have ever been as happy to have a bath in my entire life as I was this afternoon. :grin: I am still sore and in need of a good night of sleep, but to make up for the time out of heels, after my bath, I changed into a leopard print neglige and my leopard print stiletto sandals, with the wonderful five inch heels. And I prepared tonight's stew while wearing this, the stew that should have been made over a raging camp fire. It is cooking as I type, and I should attend it. Now I realize everyone would have loved pictures of me in heels out in the wilderness, but my sister was not about to take them and they are not the best footwear to walk over rocky shore lines when one is trying to learn how to fish. I had enough trouble keeping my line from tangling! Maybe one day in the future, if my broken heart heals and a man in this ignorant city will give me his, I can find someone to take those pictures everyone so desperately craves. Until then, just enjoy the writing, since that is what I do best, and know that my camping trip has taught me one thing. I may love nature, but I am a city girl and need the luxuries we so often take for granted every day. Very much the city girl...