Tall boots in the office

alicia

I think tall boots are great for the office with a skirt. It's better if there is no leg showing between the boot and skirt. What I'm trying to say is the skirt should be long enough to cover the top of the boot if you are wearing OTK or thigh boots in the office. with this cold weather, there is absolute excuse for not wearing OTK boots or Thigh boots to work. longer skirts, inches below the knee, look real nice with tall boots I'd just get a skirt that is just at the top of the boots that is my favorite way of wearing mine Let's rocks our tall boots, so wear them with pride. Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down

While I love HH and HH boots, I don't know of any business where it would be appropriate to wear OTK boots to work. Even if my skirt were long enough, you would see the outline of the top of the boot make a line on the skirt as I walked.

My workplace does forbid boots higher than the knee but that hasn't stopped me! If I want to wear OTK or thigh boots I'll wear a fairly long skirt. I've not been caught yet even in my laceup stiletto thigh boots! :wink:

I think tall boots are great for the office with a skirt. It's better if there is no leg showing between the boot and skirt. What I'm trying to say is the skirt should be long enough to cover the top of the boot if you are wearing OTK or thigh boots in the office.

with this cold weather, there is absolute excuse for not wearing OTK boots or Thigh boots to work.

longer skirts, inches below the knee, look real nice with tall boots I'd just get a skirt that is just at the top of the boots that is my favorite way of wearing mine Let's rocks our tall boots, so wear them with pride.

Alicia

I love your style Alicia! I haven't worn thigh highs to work, but every day i wear knee highs.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't agree with those conservative dress codes against, high heels and boots and other footwears..etc, those rules will never work in our female dominated offices. Because men feel offenced as they see us dress dominant and powerful. Let's just put it that way, I am not going to work naked or less covering, and neither my gfs. As long as it doesn't affect my performance, I dress what I want, what I think professional, and comfortable with common senses.

Boot me up, Boot me down

Good for you Alicia, I'd hate to work anywhere which had a strict dress code. I'm lucky in being self-employed, so I get to make my own rules lol. As you say, as long as you look professional I don't see what the problem is. Some of the women I see slobbing about in sloppy cardigans and nasty skirts and horrible, ugly shoes - well, to me that's not professional but nobody ever challenges them! So yay to OTK boots and other great-looking office wear and boo to boring shoes. Wishing all you girls a great weekend, I intend having a blast and wearing my sexiest shoes and boots while doing it! ;)

I've been working in a place with few male workers. They made commons on us of what we wear, of course I had to fire them. One of them said he couldn't take the the heat and he had to use the bathroom every hour to releive himself. What a pervert, he dared to say that loud and clear in front of everyone. ALicia

Boot me up, Boot me down

I'm lucky like Maxine, self employed and working from home so I can wear whatever pleases me and if I want, I can change from knee length to thigh length and back again. Oooooh I'm so lucky! Must admit though that I've never been one to do as I'm told so I'd wear whatever I wanted and take the consequences. Have a great weekend! Primm x

I realized that being self employed is entitled to have the freedom, once I used to work at home as a support for my aunt as she was working in the office in the plant. I designated the whole 2nd floor of my house as a office. The whole house was only me and the servants. The seravants usually doing the cleaning jobs outdoor and indoor, occasionally they'd bring me the coffee. I worked alone, occasionally I met with clients.

Every morning I put on my make up, business suits and high heeled boots before I step into the office, but I will never step into the office with slack clothes shoes or PJ on. Because I always maintain work ethic and professionism. My aunt always said that always repect your career and I always look up to her.

Today I work in the female dominated office, most of us dress the similar way and style. I beleive highheeled boots are the symbol of independant, feminant, educated, aggressive, dominant, professional. I enjoy working with them very much, imagine we are packed in the office with high heeled boots on our legs.

Those are the fashion i found online and I think they are acceptable in the office.

http://bootshare.com/StreamFile?id=103576

http://bootshare.com/StreamFile?id=103562

Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down