High Heeled Training Diary #25

Laurieheels

Summer, what a wonderful time. Short skirts and capri pants, painted toe nails, and high heeled sandals. This was how my work week went, of course, dressed for summer and looking good. Monday I was out of office, which means, working in someone else's playground in another building. I wore the four inch black patent sandals I love, with a short black skirt and a black sleevless top, which has a white collar. Very professional. I even had to run for about thrity seconds at the end of the day and I managed quite well. It was inside so I didn't fear any injury. I just ran. Tuesday was back to where I belong, and of course, four inch sandals again! It is summer, and red toe nails need to be seen! I don't think I was in the sandals for more than twelve hours on either day, but twelve is like an easy day for me, sometimes that's nice. Everyone is wondering about the new shoes, I know this, and how long can I wear the five inch tan sandals? Well I wore them on Wednesday, about twelve hours, and I felt that I looked good. White capri pants, hot pink top, tan sandals with stiletto heel.... I was trying to look good for a man, this much I admit. At the same time I needed to stay cool in the heat. An assistant supervisor for the company's call center saw me and asked me about my shoes. I told her it was practice, and the secret was to buy a larger size than normal. After a few minues I had her agreeing that once a person gets used to such shoes, wearing them is not a problem. And this man I was interested in came into the lunch room and he did make a comment about women with dangerous weapons... after that we worked out when we could go for lunch, it had been discussed for some weeks prior to this day. We walked to lunch, and I was not going to go barefoot. My heels did sink into the ground a little bit. There had been some rain the night before and walking was a tiny bit tricky. But I did make it up the five foot hill and then under the railing. I had a little bit of trouble with that railing this time, but not becuase of the heels. White pants and grass do not mix, so I had to be careful when I swung under the railing. The same sinking problem occurred on the way back. I thought lunch had worked out great, but later in the day I found out that he was engaged, and he is just the world's nicest and friendliest guy. That is doubly frustrating. He is not available, AND he ended up more attractive for his personality. Just one more day of heartbreak for me in a long string of similar days. Thursday I had the day off, which meant spending time with one of my sisters and my mother. So tan capri pants were matched with the tan sandals, and a baby blue T shirt. Casual comfort on a hot summer day, ment for a little bit of shopping for essentials like a new water filter, and of course, lunch at the club. (We belong to a club, nothing fancy or high end, no golf involved, just a place to go and eat). Five inch heels are not a problem for me, and I was able to wear the sandals for quite a bit of walking. The only difficulty I noticed was that the heel tips are new, and they make strange noises on the floors inside of stores. I think I can live with that, it is like a squeaking sound that isn't too bad. Friday I was back to the four inch black sandals, because they matched the outfit. I did walk to work, being where I belong once again and having the chance to walk. I have decided that even though I can walk in my four inch heels when going to work, I will not do this. You see, the heel tips are worn down so fast by walking downtown that it is not worth it. I know I can spend all day in heels, I know I could walk to work in heels, there is no reason to push it every day... It was a day to get over heartbreak, back at work, trying to look good, and move on in life. My friend Melanie suggested that I go to fetish party nights with her, because I already have the shoes for it. Maybe one day I will, but at a fetish party, I doubt that five and a half inch heels will be the highest. Sure, platforms will abound and I can ignore them, but someone is going to try and wear something outrageously high, and I will feel bad if it isn't me! Saturday I did have to work, which was boring and useless. Money is money so I will not complain. I walked again, and switched into the black sandals at work, and once I was home I was wearing them again. I really love those shoes... Today was cooking and baking day. No heels, sorry. Bread, pretzels, a pasta dish on a budget made in half an hour. Quite an exceptional day for me, because I love to cook and bake. But no heels, my feet need a day off at least once a month. They deserve it! So, another week, more five inch days, some bad fortune, and some tasty pretzels, home made. It is a good week in the end, but I still wish I could change on thing about it...

Hi Laurie, Thanks for another wonderful posting. So sorry to hear of your disappointing Wednesday. If only I lived in Canada... ...and wasn't married... ...and were ten years younger... I can but dream!!! Don't lose heart Admirer

He is not available, AND he ended up more attractive for his personality. Just one more day of heartbreak for me in a long string of similar days.

mmmmm sounds like Alanis Morissette's song Ironic.

"It's meeting the man of my dreams

And then meeting his beautiful wife"

http://www.absolutedivas.com/alanis/lyrics/jlp/ironic.shtml

seen that been there.....

But keep up the goor work. love your stories every time.