High Heeled Training Diary #23

Laurieheels

Back on Monday, the weather was not as hot, and I was happy to be at work in my 5 1/4 inch stilettos, nice black patent always makes things better. Monday and Tuesday were pump days, with short skirts, because the weather is warmer. Monday was cool enough to allow for stockings, that I really liked. I thought I looked quite nice. Then the weather started getting warmer. Wednesday I had the day off (no one in our department works a regular Monday to Friday week anymore, it seems, idiot supervisor they gave us). It was a sandal day, because the weather was getting so much warmer. Four inch stiletto sandals and a nice day. Thursday was another sandal day, and quite for necessity, because it was now hitting 30 C and above during the day. Friday was the same thing, sandals. And Saturday. I am glad I have skirts, they are a blessing in such hot weather. Long days in stiletto sandals. After all of this time there isn't much to say about these days. Nothing eventful happened on any of them. Well I can wear five inch stiletto heels to go grocery shopping now. I am sure I look out of place at Safeway, but hey, a lot of people on their way home from work stop in there to pick up a few things. Being in stiletto heels just means higher heels than most business women. Heck, all business women. I see some clunkier high heels, but it is rare to have both a stiletto heel and the height in this city. It was just a typical week in heels, nothing too exciting. Today, well it was still sweltering outside, so it was a time for stiletto sandals. My feet need air! Now, I know everyone is wondering when I'll be wearing the new 5 1/2 inch stilettos to work. The answer - when it is cool enough to wear stockings again. I wore the shoes today, I was even in the kitchen helping my sister make chili, while wearing these new ultra high stilettos. Yes, there is a nice image for all of you. WIth the heat being as it is, I have not been able to wear the new stilettos very much. They fit, but my feet can swell up quite quick when I am wearing them. So I am limited to a half hour at most in them at any given time. And I am wearing them barefoot, because I find that a pair of shoes are worked in that much quicker with direct skin contact. I do have swollen ankles right now, so I cannot buckle the ankle straps. That will not change until the weather calms down a LOT more. I can walk in them, yes, it is easy to keep my balance. Let's all remember, I am this high heeled goddess. The difficulty comes in having to re-learn how to walk for the height. I can move pretty fast in a pair of five inch stilettos. Not run, mind you, but my tendons and muscles are used to the height now. I can make them work harder. With the new height, I need to have the tendons stretch a little bit more. Thus, I try to walk like I would in my other heels, but my body is not ready yet. It is tricky, but I must force myself to take smaller steps and walk slower for this height. Once I do this, I can walk quite well. I glide, but it is a small glide. In time, with more wear at work, I will be able to take normal steps again and move about as quick as I need. Work can be demanding, and a long walk down the foyer to the elevators cannot be done at a slow pace. Why? I'll be run over by the hoards of other employees of the various companies who wear boring shoes and move faster! So for now, the five and a half inch stilettos will wait for the right day. Maybe they will have their day at work in a few weeks. And then... well, then I will be wondering when I will pick up a pair of six inch heels.

Hi Laurie, Great job on the report as usual. I think it is plain to see you need more sandals! Who knew it got so hot that far north. Hopefully soon it will cool or you will get more sandals! (wink) My next question is... Winter is right around the corner. Have you given any thought to boots yet? What style, color and such? I know you have no shoe budget most weeks so you may not be thinking that far ahead. AND no everyone I am not talking about hh boots in snow... Just cold weather. Dean