New member with stilleto boots

Hi All Been reading the posts on here with great interest. My own interest is in stilleto boots from 5"-6". I have about 6 pairs now in black and red. I also love to wear them outdoors esp in central London. Have been round Oxford Street, into Selfridges and round a pub or two in Leicester Sq area. Now that its getting colder here it feels like the boot season is upon us again. Loving it!

• 4 years later...

Hi, I am a new member, While I share your concerns about the dim views of Americans, I would like to encourage you to wear high heels in public. Of course there may be an occasional remark or look, but we only live once, and for all of the bad stuff, sometimes there are complements, if not for the great shoes, then at least for courage. sweet

I wonder what is the maximum height of a heel that a woman can put on such that she may stay in it for most part of a day?

At least on this website, you'll easily find people (both men and women) where 5" heels for daily wear is the norm. I'm sure there's a few that will say they handle 6" heels all day.

Boots sound like fun, but have not found any in my size that are at a good price.

Would like to try an were them around town but in the US, people take a dim veiw of it.

What size are you? Avenue stores (www.avenue.com) caters to larger size women, and regularly carries boots in 12 & 13, including many in wide sizes. I doubt any of them are more than $50 (and if you want an ankle boot or bootie, then can be $20). Payless also has larger sizes, but not nearly as many as they used to carry.

In terms of wearing them out in public, a few quick suggestions:

- get a longer pair of pants. If you're a 34 length, get 36".

- pick a dark pair of boots: black preferred, dk brown okay

- go for as chunky heel as possible; if you're concerned about public appearance, avoid (at least initially) thin, stilletto type heels.

If you're a man's 13, you might be able to fit into a women's 12W. I did that a couple of months ago with a pair of Naturalizer ankle boots. I consider myself more conservative, but have found a few different shoes (mostly ankle boots or booties) that I've been able to wear out. Still not completely over the, "what if someone sees them..." fear yet, but getting better.

Good luck.