High Heeled Training Diary #22

Laurieheels

There are times when I find I do not have enough time in the day. I wish I had more stability in my schedule, but it seems lost on me. I would have loved to have my new five and a half inch stilettos broken in by now, but I have not had more than fifteen minutes to wear them this week. They were fine, I walked around a bit, I can get them on, that's always important. The left shoe is tight, which just means that my left foot is slightly larger, I believe it is 1/8 of an inch larger. Yet I lament the lack of time and thus motivation for breaking in the new shoes. I should be giving them a try at work this week, yet they will not leave my closet. It is a shame... As for my week, it was well heeled... Monday was a holiday in Canada, for those who may not have known. But most holidays are not such for me, I did have to work, and it was a SUPREME waste of my time. Yes, my job found me sitting around for eight hours in case people had problems, and I think I had to exchange two modems for people in the end. Someone else could have done that... I ended up driving, and I wore my 4 1/4 inch stiletto sandals. They're probably closer to four inches now, I have worn them so much in these few months that the heel tips are worn down to the metal screw. They sound more interesting, sure, but I do not wish to ruin the shoes. My next day off with money needs a trip to a repair shop to get some new tips. Tuesday was a day off for me. That is when I had some time to wear the five and a half inchers for a bit, and I wore both my five and a quarter stilettos and my now four inch sandals. Just a day of many heels, I guess. Wednesday and Thursday were five and a quarter inch black patent stiletto days. I was not working in my own office, but in another location, and while I was not thrilled about it, I did get to be a stiletto goddess while the only people who could be close were wearing wedge heels, maybe four inches in height was the highest I saw. I have found a little bit of a trick to wearing pumps for long periods of time in the summer. A stick anti perspirant can help. A solid, not a gel. Gel is for other parts. I have an old one that I just rub on my feet, and I stay drier. It's not an issue about scent, but I was noticing my feet becoming increasingly hot as each day of summer progressed. The drawback - I am not sure this is good for the lining in my shoes. Oh well, just ane excuse to buy more next pay day... Friday was a four inch stiletto sandal day, but I was feeling quite ill and I went home from work early. Abdominal muscle spasms, female issues, well it is best not to get into it here. Four hours of sleep took most of the fight out of my afflictions. There were only a few aches carried over to Saturday. :smile: Saturday was a work day, of course, and some interesting comments from female co-workers. They noted that since I was wearing my four inch sandals, I was having a relaxed, casual day. The two who worked with me were amazed by how high I can go with stilettos. Especially the "black ones that are really high" which of course are the 5 1/4 inch stilettos. So four inch heels are now low for me, and casual. Well, my image is noticed amongst my co workers, for certain. :grin: Today, being Sunday, will not have any heel wearing reports, as we had a family outing to the Calgary Stampede. This is not a place for heels. Sorry. One does not walk around that much for that many hours in heels. Especially if one goes to see the horses and cattle (an urban girl like myself does tend to forget how bad that smells in the first five minutes of being in the building). Horse stalls tend to mean large piles of hay to walk on, and Reeboks were the only smart choice for this. Lots of sandals, but no one in heels above and inch and a half anywhere. There was one pair of granny style western boots, about an inch and a half to two inch heel. My arches did hurt for a bit after a few hours, but I managed to stretch them with some heel lifts and I survived the day. I need a nap.......