on CNN.com now! "High heeled women race..."

p113fd

Ouch! :D I've seen several people injuring themselves over the past couple of years trying to run in stilletos. Although its certainly a novel idea, I hope there were a few paramedics on-hand :evil: I see its mostly shoes though and not boots! Any figures saying how many took part in this event?

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...

Any figures saying how many took part in this event?

100 Women.

There was an article in today's newspaper; I'll try to translate into English:

Superfast in High Heels

Woman from Cologne won

BERLIN: 80 meters in 12,0 seconds - thanks to this performance, the 24-year-old women from Cologne, Nadin Sonnabend, is entitled to go shopping at Berlin's shopping mall "KaDeWe", for 10,000 Euros (about $12,700).

Her sprint result is remarkable at all: She succeeded in shoes with high heels at the "Stiletto Run" on Berlin's Kurfürstendamm.

The magazine "Glamour" had inivited 100 women to this competition. First, the participants (who had to wear at least 7 cm = 2 3/4 inch heels) should have completed a 100 meter run. Because of the huge number of people who wanted to attend the run, it had been shortened.

Ben

PS: I can translate Euros into Dollars, and centimeters in inches, but don't really know about meters/yards/feet and all that :evil:

100 meters is 109.3 yards or 328 feet. I remember running that in high school, it was the shortest sprint distance we ever did (mind you I was fitter back then). It was bad enough when you are someone like me who can walk for miles and miles and not tire, but running kills me. Add the heels to that and :evil:

I learned the truth a long time ago, being afraid of the dark is what keeps most of us alive...