New Heels

dr1819

As most of you know, I'm not a big fan of conspicuous heels. But there recently appeared three styles on Zappos whose design I found intriguing.

So, I bought them. Probably never wear them outside, though...

The first one is my favorite:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:roll: dr1819, you surprised me. If you like them enough and they are comfortable sooner or later I'll bet you'll want to try them out in public. I'll bet you could pull off that last pair easily with one of your denim skirts.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sooner or later you might get the urge to try them all outside. I kind of liked the middle pair most. But, like Shafted says, some pics with you wearing them all indoors would be nice. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

:roll:

dr1819, you surprised me. If you like them enough and they are comfortable sooner or later I'll bet you'll want to try them out in public.

I'll bet you could pull off that last pair easily with one of your denim skirts.

No way. I know what I'm comfortable with, and what I'm not. Pics are fine, wearing skirt and heels is not.

Please understand that I do not consider myself a crossdresser. Rather, I consider myself both a Renaissance man as well as a progressive fashionist, meaning that since men wore heels more than 300 of the last 500 years, no one should be surprised by a man wearing heels; second, since men wore skirts at least 50,000 years of the last 50,000 years, no one should be surprised by a man wearing a skirt.

Yet when it comes to heels, society is no longer ready for it - nearly all have forgotten it's heritage. When it comes to MUGs, some of society has forgotten it's heritage.

That's the thing about fashion - it's always changing, and if it's not currently in style, it's THE BIG TABOO.

Join me in my quest to change that, subtly, one piece of clothing at a time, in a way that will garner gradual, broadscale acceptance, rather than in a way that will shock a very small sub-segment which will percolate down as ever-increasing restrictions which we'll have to fight later.

Trust me - easy does it.

:roll:

dr1819, you surprised me. If you like them enough and they are comfortable sooner or later I'll bet you'll want to try them out in public.

I'll bet you could pull off that last pair easily with one of your denim skirts.

The last pair does look good with a denim skirt! And the first pair looks absolutely terrific beneath my black denim jeans.

Sadly, the first pair is very uncomfortable, as the "arch" remains constant from the instep to the outside, which means it hits the outermost metatarsal midway. Ugh.

The second pair looks nice, but huge, and it's much narrower than the M I ordered (even though it says "M"). So they're both going back.

I'm wearing the third pair now. Might try them out with longer jeans, but they're really "all girl," meaning that I'd be spotted off the bat. I actually enjoy wearing heels that no one spots as heels.

The last pair does look good with a denim skirt! And the first pair looks absolutely terrific beneath my black denim jeans.

Sadly, the first pair is very uncomfortable, as the "arch" remains constant from the instep to the outside, which means it hits the outermost metatarsal midway. Ugh.

The second pair looks nice, but huge, and it's much narrower than the M I ordered (even though it says "M"). So they're both going back.

I'm wearing the third pair now. Might try them out with longer jeans, but they're really "all girl," meaning that I'd be spotted off the bat. I actually enjoy wearing heels that no one spots as heels.

I can fully understand not wanting to step outside of your confort zone. That's human nature. We all have a comfort zone, it's just that people who push the envelope in small ways develop larger ones. If you think the look of that third pair looks good on you, go for it. You'll find that those skinny heels are light weight out and about, and have a way of putting extra spring in your step.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.