I Got Acrylic Nails

Magickman

Recently, I decided to try something new. A torn thumbnail brought me to the nail salon, for a repair. The repair didn't hold, so I was looking for a better solution. At another nail place, the tech told me she could put an acrylic overlay on my thumbnail, that would be very durable. I tried it out. It worked so well, and looked so good, that I went back to get acrylics on all my fingernails, and had blue glitter polish applied, as well, and on my toenails, too. Wearing open toed, 4" wedge heel sandals, I went out to a singles social dance. The response was varied, but it seemed to be acceptable. Some women were less than positive about it, although others were accepting. I had fun, and danced all night. This past weekend, I went to a hair salon for a trim on my doo. The female haircutter was, in a word, "Shocked." "Why do you have blue nails," she demanded. "Because blue is so much more masculine than pink," I replied. Again she asked the same question. "Because they match my toes," I said as I showed her my high heeled, sandal shod feet. This woman was having a hard time dealing with it, but I was enjoying the exchange. Some people find unusual personal style too challenging. That is their problem, and not mine. I am having fun with this experience, and have gotten positive comments from several women.

Well, I have had my nails "done" for about 8 years now. I love acrylic overlays. I sometimes paint them a color, but not often. I usually just get them painted in an "American Manicure" style. What that means is, it looks like French, but the white is not bright white like french tips, but an off-white, more "natural looking" nail tip. I keep the tips 1/8" to 3/16". Not to long, but sometimes 1/4" 1/4" is the absolute longest a guy can have nails and not be considered feminine. TRUST ME, I have been asking people for about 10 years how long they think a guy can have his nailtips before being considering to feminine. I also get an acrylic overlay on my big toe only. My big toe is thin, and small, and ugly. So I get acry. overlay on my big toe. I usually have french or American toe polish, but lately I've gone back to painting my toes. Right now they are metallic brown. The acry. big toe is sculpted and sexy. I wear one toe ring on my right index toe, one on my left index toe, and one on my left ring toe. I wear ankle bracelets on my right ankle 24/7 for 8 years or so. i shave my legs (and whole body) have a tattoo on my left ankle (like women), right ankle (like women), and a lower back tat like tenn/20 something girls. And a TON of more things feminine. If u want to know, i'll reply. Cause it's too long of a list to just type without you wanting to know. LOL I too get mixed responses. Usually like 90% positive. But Dallas is actually pretty cool. Plus I live in the Gay section of Dallas

guys, it's GREAT to read about somebody doing/wearing whatever they like. i'm closing in on 50 years old, and i've been wearing skirts & heels & nails & hosiery & make-up & jewelry for years now. to the point where my co-workers are actually SHOCKED & CONFUSED if i wear pants to work. i get questions & compliments from folks who know me, stares from dip-sticks on the street, and complete acceptance from my wife & sons. i guess i'm a lucky guy. malehhwearer, i'd love to hear more of what you wear & do. you sound like a kindred soul to mine! r1g0r

society has decided that men will be confined to

certain items of clothing, and certain modes of

presentation.

until we rebel PERSONALLY against this, we are diminished!

I've never done acrylic nails, although I hear they are actually very bad for your natural nails. I'm fortunate to have very white nails naturally which I maintain at a 1/4". I've had people accuse me of having a french manicure, but are totally shocked when they realize they're natural with just a clear topcoat.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Several years ago, during an extended break, I did a set of acrylic nails after being pushed into it by my wife. I thought it was fun at the time, but it took a full three hours to take them off. Not fun. If you're going to wear acrylic nails, plan to do it full time and have them touched up at least monthly. Otherwise, go with press-ons, as it takes about a tenth the time to remove them (aka, Halloween 2004).