promotion to a woman Part 3

For the next few days, I couldn’t get enough of it. Every spare moment spent in her clothes. I became critical of my appearance, using her waxing set to remove body hair, doing my nails, plucking eyebrows. My obsession just kept growing. I purchased a real hair wig in the style and color of hers, special cream to bleach my facial hair, and had both ears double pierced, along with nose and navel. I get lots of odd looks off people in shops, in work, and about generally. All the practice I’m now getting means being Jenny comes as second nature, for outside of work, I dress all the time. The walk, traces of make-up and forgotten jewelry means that no one talks to me, but I don’t mind, for when I get home, she is there waiting. One day, I was hanging out my washing in the garden, when a woman shouted “hello Jenny” from a bedroom window, so I waved back. A while later, I was vacuuming the stairs when the doorbell rang. Stopping the machine, I answered the door. Stood there was Pauline, the lady from the bedroom window. She breezed right on in stating how long since she last came round, see you’ve changed the décor (a little plain dear), Kitchen? All the time I was thinking, she doesn’t see anything wrong, I can do it. Then, BIG mistake, I asked if she wanted a coffee, forgetting she hated it. That caused her to pay attention to me. “Who are you? you’re not Jenny. Why, you’re trying to look like her, hairstyle, clothes, explain yourself”. I tried to brazen it out. “Come of it Pauline, I know it’s been over a year, but I can’t be that different”. “You’re not Jenny, who the hell are you? how do you know me?, what you doing in her house, impersonating her? What the devils going on, tell me at once! O.K. so I’m not Jenny, but at least she still sees me as a woman. “I’m Amanda [a man dear] and I’m house sitting whilst they are away”. “Oh, so she got THE promotion after then”? “Yes”. “Those are her clothes, and you are trying to look like her, and I should like to know why. You don’t sound much like her, if anything, you sound more like Billlll----OH MY GOD, it IS you, it really is, FREAKY. Come on, spill the beans, tell Paulie everything, break out the wine, THIS I’ve got to hear!

totter along into history