Great Day Shoe Shopping

sscotty727

I had a great weekend shopping.

It turns out my sister-in-law liked the wedge heels my wife got a while back (from Payless).

Posted Image

Funny thing, we got them (both my wife and I got the same shoes) back in October. She showed them to her sister back then and she didn't like them, now all of a sudden she really wanted a pair. The problem is since we got them so long ago, I doubted they even still carried them (I haven't seen them on the website in ages).

Anyway, sure enough my wife and I hit the local Payless (while she watched the kids) and nadda. I also searched Ebay and the web and nothing there either. We were planning a trip to another area of Maryland to do some shopping, so we figured we would look around there (btw, my sister-in-law and I seem to both have the shoes/heels thing in common so we tend to compare notes and look around together more often and stuff). Anyway, we hit this one store (Shoe Department) which is like a nicer payless. Low and behold they had the EXACT same shoe by a brand called "Hot Cakes" in Brown AND Black. The "problem" is that both pair were in 11M. She took the shoe to the counter and that was the last two pair they had. Well, guess what? I happen to take an 11 and I said to my siter-in-law "I should get those" and she looked and me and said "Go for it!". Back when I got my original ones at Payless, I got an 11W. Well, they never fit right, WAY too big. But since I walked around in them a bit I didn't feel like I could take them back and had my wife get me the next size down, a 10W. I can walk in them but they still feel slightly too big so I put the gel inserts (after experimenting with other inserts). Well, the 11M fit PERFECT. And now I have them in brown and black. I cleaned up the 11W and will put them in the For Sale section.

Anyway, we decided to hit payless anyway to see what they had. After looking around for a bit, I found a pair of brown wedges but the toes are more rounded and they have a little string bow in front (definitely feminine, I wouldn't wear them). The problem this time is they were a 6 1/2 and a little too big for her. She asked the sales associate if they had them in black and a size 6, but after some research she said they were an older model so she only had 1 pair left in 6 and it was brown. Well, she said she would take them since she liked the style. Payless has the buy one get the second half off right now, so we was trying to figure out what she could get for the second pair. I was trying to talk her into another pair of these other brown wedges (they have a light wedge and the toe area is more light/dark brown checkers) but she didn't like them. Well after she almost just gave up on a pair of kitten heel sandals, I happened to look up on the upper shelf and saw a box with a drawing of a wedge shoe. I figured they were the ones she didn't like but the item numbers were different. So I figured I might as well see what was in them. Low and behold, the wedge heels EXACTLY like her brown ones but in black AND a size 6!!! She was estatic and thanked me! In the end BOTH of us got brown and black wedge heels:)

Here is a funny side story. While there my wife comes up to me and proudly shows me the Jaguar clogs that have the rivits. If you look in the Wanted forum, you will see I was asking for those but she didn't like the payless style cause they were "too steep". I reminded her I showed her these before and she said "I guess I had to find them first, not you showing them to me". Women! Anyway, she also bought them. So all in all a great shoe shopping day all around. We did get to Ross (discount department like store) where she gets her pants late so she didn't have time to look much. Oh well, maybe I can make ammends and offer to take her there THIS weekend.

Scotty

Sscotty727:-) Women's minds run on a different track than ours. Sometimes you just have to let them make up their own minds in their own time and at their own pace. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Dawn, Isn't that the truth! I've backed off even asking her to wear her new sandals. As far as my sister-in-law and I go, I think she and I have more in common shoe-wise than my wife and I. We seem to have fun looking for heels, both online and in the stores. Scotty