Rubbing off on co-workers????

sscotty727

Yesterday and today I wore my clogs. While nothing special, they definitely have a slight heel and don't look too much like a man's shoe if you see the whole shoe (which you can alot of times when I sit at my desk).

Posted Image

Today as I was packed up and leaving, I saw my co-worker who sits across from me (I've seen him at times look over at my shoes, but he has never said anything or acted in any negative way) and he was wearing these:

Posted Image

Again, nothing too drastic, but definitely sold as women's clogs (I actually bought a pair like them last year on ebay). Normally he wears typical man shoes. Today he was wearing these. I was wondering if maybe I am slowly starting to rub off on others.

Scotty

Born "Covet" clogs. I got them on Ebay last year (got several pair at the time). Don't see many at the moment and I can't find them in the general google search, so I am assuming they are probably last years model.

Here is someone selling a size 10 pair (although a bit pricey).

http://cgi.ebay.com/BORN-WOMENS-SHOES-CLOGS-COVET-SIZE-10-NEW-L-K_W0QQitemZ7757270764QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Try these

Here, scan these listings (US 9 = UK 7)

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=born+clog+9

Here is a couple (I know, says US, but some people are willing to do overseas if you pay the extra shipping)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Born-Black-Leather-Clog-Shoes-in-Size-9_W0QQitemZ7758754578QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Born-Brown-Leather-Clogs-in-Size-9_W0QQitemZ7758756251QQcategoryZ63889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You just have to message them first and ask if they are willing to ship overseas if you cover the extra cost.

Actually, those are the same clogs I wore all last summer with shorts, pretty much everywhere. Matter of fact, I wore them into the delivery room and afterwards when my daughter was born. No one said a word at all:) I love these as my summer shoes. When I found them last year bought up several pair (2 black, 1 mahogany and 1 reddish/tan that I wear around the house as slippers because my wife things they are too loud to wear out). One thing I did find out about them though. Either go barefoot (which I do with shorts) or wear cotton socks. Nylon socks (which is the same material as stockings or pantyhose) make your foot too slippery and you slide out too much while walking. If you still want to wear the nylons, you can get an ankle cut sock you can wear overtop of them. Actually just remembered I think they make toe socks that just go over the front part of your foot. I might have to investigate those as well.

I generally find that anyone who would know that they're ladies' shoes would not be bothered and because there is no drastic heeling going on, those who would be bothered don't know because they take no interest in shoes.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Those black clogs aren't really womens' shoes. They're more unisex and come in European sizing. Although I am a woman and I wear shoes just like that daily as I"m on my feet for work, they're chefs' clogs and are popular with people working in kitchens.

Here is a similar one, touted as a men's clog:

http://www.shoesforcrews.com/sfc3/index.cfm?changeWebsite=US_en&route=c_store.browseProductsByProductGroup&productGroupId=pg18

Le752: You are absolutely correct. We have a guy friend in Montana that has a pair exactly like those, my wife has the other pair shown. He even mentioned the cooking thing. BTW - - in the other thread glad to hear you uncovered the stash. I used to hide some in a similar location before I just came out and told my wife, which by the way also involved alcohol - ain't wine great?. I don't think you'll need to do DNA testing to ascertain that he's wearing them. Good luck. Wineanddine

LE, I saw the same thing this weekend while surfing various shoe sites. I was about to post something to the same effect but my internet crashed before I could respond. Also it looks like alot of medical professionals wear them (I saw they even had white ones for men in the medical community). Being that his wife is a doctor, I guess it isn't far fetched that maybe she recommended them to him. Maybe she gets a bulk discount or something. Anyway, they are much different than the typical "guy" shoe he normally wears so it just caught my attention. Owning a similiar pair myself (Dockers for Women) my initial thought was maybe he was wearing women's shoes. But as you pointed out, I found a link for the same exact style in a man's shoe as well. Oh well, if nothing else MAYBE I am helping people relax their fashions a little;) Scotty