At the Shoe Sale

Magickman

This must be sign. A mark of serious intent. Getting serious. Lemme tell ya. My wench and I had a little weekend getaway, in the beautiful St. Croix Valley, which demarcates the boundary between Minnesota and Wisconsin. Across the parking lot from our hotel, was a department store, and they were having a shoe sale. We walked over, and found our way through crowded aisles, to the shoes. Soon, we gravitated to the boots. Although my wench said, at the beginning, that she didn't need any more boots, I think she was kidding. We picked our way through the sale racks, and she found quite a few to try on. Me? I found myself a cute pair of Laura Ashley mid-calf boots, in brown leather, with 3 1/2" blade heels. Very stylish, and my wench said she liked them on me. She tried on so many different boots, but had a hard time deciding. Eventually she settled on furry, knee high winter boots for next season. It was difficult for her to decide on dark brown or camel color. Finally, after asking my advice, she chose the camel colored boots. Meanwhile I had located a pair of low heeled, knee high western boots, "Born" brand, and very well made. The thing was the color. They were blue, and not just blue, but a bright, flourescent, day glow, electric, shocking blue. This was a blue that would be spotted from two blocks away. It was one hot shade of blue. I showed the blue boots to my wench, and she nearly fainted, "No," she said, "those are too Brokeback, too intense, too shocking." She pretty much forbid me to buy them. I really liked the boots, despite the heels that were only about 1 1/4". The color was great, but I could not get wench approval. Probably, I should not complain. I did get the cute Laura Ashley boots.

Magickman:-) Deep six the electric blue boots. Your S/O has great taste in boots. You should go with her suggestions. You don't want to look like a character from "Brokeback Mountain". At least you were able to get a new pair of boots, eh! BTW---Don't you have a better term to refer to your G/F than "Wench"? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks for the comments, guys! About the term, wench: it was her idea. She was the one who started referring to herself, as my wench. Beats me. The blue boots were very striking, perhaps too much so. I liked them, but she exercised veto power.

Maybe if you can have them dyed or darkened. Otherwise, I would leave them be. I guess if wench is the term she likes, then use it. I would keep it to use calling her that when you are with her though, using it in your posts makes it sound like your being deagatory towards her.