Gals please help me

dandare

Hi there

I have just bought my partner a pair of shoes without her knowing and I am not sure how to approach the subject when they arrive. She is not a shoe person normally but has wore 4" heels on special occasions only. I was out with some mates and I saw a girl with the most gorgeous shoes that were in white with a metal heel about 4 inches, with a gem strap up the back of the heel joined to an ankle strap. I haven't been able to track tham down but in my quest I have bought these instead. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7740590177&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&rd=1.

Hope you like them, but more importantly I would like my wife to appreciate them too. Any pointers in my approach? Your help is appreciated.

Make heels a passion in life!

First of all, would it be such a problem for you to buy her the shoes just as a present, she doesnt have to know you have a 'thing' for them. If she wears 4 inches for formal occasions only then she may only wear your shoes for formal occasions. The shoes shes wears when dressing casual are the ones to look at, find out the heel height shes wears being casual then add about a half inch. the heels in the link look about 4 inch. im not sure. IMO i dont really like the shoes you have bought her, but that might be what you and her like. Im sure if you just give them as a present she will love you for it. This is my first bit of advice Ive ever given. Becs

Got them today and she isn't so keen. Maybe they are a bit too sparkly for her and anyway she reckons they are too narrow in the heel to stand up, but I have pursuaded for her to try them on. I'm hoping that will make her change her way of thinking. Yes they are narrow heels but I can just about squeeze into them and stand up without no probs and walk in them too. (I'm only curious into what she is on about). I'll keep you posted. Any more ideas?

The heels are quite thin, they are the type that look the best but are much more difficult to walk in.

Just curious, what size shoe is she, im a 5 and can walk in 4 inch heels although i havnt spent all day in them, 3 inches I can walk without a problem for any amount of time, 5 inches and i fall (lol) although i am currently practicing with the 5 inch. unsucessfully.

If she has small feet it could be a problem. If you have the money try a 3.5 inch with a heel like this.

Posted Image

good luck

She is a UK8 so it shouldn't be too bad. She is now warming to them with a bit of encouragement from me. Ideal wear with a pair of blue jeans I reckon. Was going to wear them to my party at home but the moleskin jeans in plum didn't quite go so opted for her 3" knee high boots.