Boots: Advice needed re: Good makes / boots for cold weather

joenj

Hi, JoeNJ here. :D I like my current heel height ( 2&1/2" ) at work, but what good shoes (maybe lined) do you like (leather) for Winter? What shoes have a nice 1/4" or 1/2" inch platform, with a nice block stacked heel (2 1/2" heel) BTW: I've seen many a cute boot at my college in North NJ and News: Pointed Toes are IN!!!! :wink: I do like my women's boots that I own. Help!!! </p>

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

Joenj:-) I don't know whether this is what you are looking for or not, but here goes. This is the first Winter since I started street-heeling that I thought that I should look for a pair of women's knee boots with a bit of a lower heel to wear out in the cold weather and for shoveling snow, etc. I picked up, from Naturalizer, a pair of knee high leather boots, (the rest is man-made materials, a warm lining and a 2" block heel with no trim on them at all---just plain and a bit masculine looking, with a round toe box. They also have a bit of a design in the tread to make them a non-slippy rubber sole. These are also non-platform and very comfortable to wear indoors without making your feet hot. I have been breaking them in indoors and have not used them outdoors yet, but will in a day or two as we are to have a 3-6" snowfall here. I think that these could be used anywhere, anytime with ease. I didn't want to shovel snow in a 3" to 4" heel and I think these 2" heels will fill the bill perfectly. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Joenj:-) So far, those boots are working out well. The 2" heel is very easy to walk in and they are quite comfortable in the cold temperatures and also indoors. I have worn them indoors quite a few times all evening and into the wee hours in the morning. My feet stayed comfortable without sweating. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

DawnHH --

I will look for them. Thanks.

--- you wrote ---

I don't know whether this is what you are looking for or not, but here goes. This is the first Winter since I started street-heeling that I thought that I should look for a pair of women's knee boots with a bit of a lower heel to wear out in the cold weather and for shoveling snow, etc. I picked up, from Naturalizer, a pair of knee high leather boots, (the rest is man-made materials, a warm lining and a 2" block heel with no trim on them at all---just plain and a bit masculine looking, with a round toe box. They also have a bit of a design in the tread to make them a non-slippy rubber sole

----

Joenj:-)

So far, those boots are working out well. The 2" heel is very easy to walk in and they are quite comfortable in the cold temperatures and also indoors. I have worn them indoors quite a few times all evening and into the wee hours in the morning. My feet stayed comfortable without sweating.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

/signed/ Joe in North-east New Jersey USA ///

My winter boots are a pair of Ellie Tyler-125 thighboots with a low heel. After leather treatment to waterproof the leather they are the ultimate all terrain winter boot.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

It has a rubber sole with a 1.25" chunky heel, Dawn.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.