In a bit of a bind - way off topic

I recently bought a printer from someone on eBay because I had an understanding from a friend that he knew someone that could pick it up. Well, it turns out that's not possible. So now I have a printer in Edmonton and no way to get it here. Ugh. Is there someone in that neck of the woods that could do me a huge! favour and transport the printer from its current location to a Mailboxes, etc. or FedEx or other shipping company (one that packs and ships)? The guy only allows pick-ups Tues and Thurs between something 10am and 3pm (I'll get the exact times and address). The printer is paid for and we can work out ahead of time where so I can pay for it (no out of pocket expenses). I'm also in Canada (Ottawa) so at least there isn't any duties or anything to worry about. Failing all that, can someone recommend a taxi company that could do it? Thanks for any help.

cant help from here, what sort of printer did you buy?

An HP LaserJet 4si, duplex, two trays, 17ppm, 34MB RAM, US$60. He had a Lexmark printer too: duplex, two trays, NIC, 96MB RAM, 32+ ppm - auction ended at C$118 or so.

There's a guy in Toronto that sells similar printers but his prices are considerably higher (a couple/few times higher).

I know that it's probably not helpful, but did the auction specify that the item was collection only. If not, then the seller is responsible for the shipping of the item. Have you paid for it yet? If not then you can work it out between you not to complete the transactionand ebay won't charge either of you.

I know that it's probably not helpful, but did the auction specify that the item was collection only.

If not, then the seller is responsible for the shipping of the item.

Have you paid for it yet? If not then you can work it out between you not to complete the transactionand ebay won't charge either of you.

Yes, it is local pickup only. I knew this before bidding and had asked a friend if his contact could help out. I was told "sure". I bid and won and was then told that he couldn't. So it's not the sellers problem and he's been quite good about it. I paid him right away as I always do. At least he has the cash. Now it's my problem.

It's a good printer and worth the headache.